Hall played quarterback at BYU from 2018-2022 and appeared in 31 games, including 25 starts. He served as BYU's starting quarterback over his final two seasons in 2021 and 2022. Hall had an accomplished career that includes the following career highlights:
- Finished No. 1 at BYU in career interception avoidance percentage with 52 touchdowns to 11 interceptions and a pass efficiency rating of 65.2% (tied with Steve Young for No. 4 all-time at BYU). He racked up 6,174 total passing yards.
- A dual-threat quarterback, registering 796 yards on the ground with 181 carries and nine touchdowns.
- Hall won many awards for his performance on the field, including Independent Offensive Player of the Year, Independent Quarterback of the Year, and All-Independent First Team by College Football Network (2022), Phil Steele All-Independent First Team (2021, 2022) and Pro Football Network Independent Quarterback of the Year (2021).
- As a Junior in 2022, Hall threw for 3,171 yards with a 66% completion rate (No. 8 all-time at BYU) and 31 touchdowns to six interceptions. His pass efficiency rating of 160.8 was good for No. 8 all-time at BYU and his interception avoidance percentage (1.6%) was No. 2 all-time at BYU in a single season. He also tallied 346 yards rushing on 86 carries and three touchdowns.
- Through week 13 of the 2022 season, he was one of just three FBS quarterbacks with 3000+ passing yards, 65%+ completion rate, 160+ pass efficiency rating, 30+ touchdown passes and fewer than 10 interceptions with 300+ rushing yards. Others were Caleb Williams (USC) and Drake Maye (North Carolina).
- In his first year as a starter in 2021, Hall started 10 games with an 8-2 record and finished the season 189 of 296 (64%) for 2,583 yards and 20 touchdowns to only 5 interceptions. His efficiency rating of 156.1 led BYU's offense to average 33 points per game, 452 yards of total offense per game, a 46% third down conversion rate and 89% of red zone trips leading to scores (49 of 55). 75% of those (41) were touchdowns. He also received the Davey O'Brien Award's Great 8 recognition for his performance in BYU's 26-17 win over No. 21 Utah and was named College Sports Madness Independent Offensive Player of the week for his 22 of 31 passing and 342 yards in the air at Baylor.
*See Year tab for additional details
- Major: Exercise & Wellness
- Missionary Service: Served a full-time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Roseville, California
- Parents are Kalin and Hollie Hall
- Married to former Utah Valley soccer player Breanna McCarter (2014-18) and they have a baby daughter Jayda born in 2021
- Father, Kalin, played running back at BYU (1992-93)
- Mother, Hollie Hamilton, was a gymnast at BYU (1993)
- Brother, KJ, also played running back at BYU (2015-17)
- Brother, Kyson, currently plays wide receiver for BYU
- Also played on the BYU baseball team in 2019 and 2020 as an outfielder
- Played in 27 games during the 2019 baseball season, including eight starts in the outfield
- Hit .400 in five games, with three starts during the shortened 2020 COVID season
- Played varsity basketball in high school
- Plays golf in his free time
- Earned Deseret News 4A Honorable Mention and Region 8 First Team in 2014 and 2015
- Selected as Maple Mountain's 2015 Offensive Football Player of the Year
- For his high school career, he had 5,109 passing yards and 52 touchdowns
- Rated the No. 3 quarterback in Utah by Scout and Rivals ranked him the No. 20th dual-threat quarterback in the nation in the 2016 class
- Played in seven games, including two starts at quarterback
- Completed 31 of 46 passes for 420 yards and one touchdown
- Added 139 rushing yards on 29 carries with three touchdowns
- Completed 12 of 16 passes for 214 yards in the first half at Utah State while adding seven carries for 54 yards and two scores en route to a 42-14 win
- Had a season-long run of 32 yards at USF
- Posted a QB rating of 151.26
- Played in and started 10 games (8-2 record)
- Finished the season 189 of 296 (64%) for 2,583 yards, 20 touchdowns to only five interceptions with an efficiency rating of 156.1.
- Averaged 258 yards passing per game.
- BYU's second-leading rusher with 62 carries for 307 net yards and three touchdowns, averaging five yards per carry.
- Phil Steele All-Independent First Team
- Pro Football Network Independent Quarterback of the Year
- Pro Football Network First Team All-Independent Offense
- Led BYU offense to...
- Scoring 33 points per game
- Averaging 452 yards of total offense per game
- Converting on 46% of third downs
- Scoring on 89% of red zone trips (49 of 55), 75% of which (41) were touchdowns.
- Went 18-for-28, 198 yards passing and two touchdowns with five carries for 36 yards in 24-16 win over Arizona.
- Led BYU to 26-17 win over No. 21 Utah with 149 yards passing for three touchdowns and eight carries for 92 yards on the ground.
- Received Davey O'Brien Award's Great 8 recognition for performance versus Utah.
- Tied a career-high with 214 yards passing for two touchdowns in a 27-17 win over No. 19 Arizona State.
- Recorded first career 300-yard passing game versus Boise State
- Named College Sports Madness Independent Offensive Player of the Week for his performance at Baylor – 22 of 31 for 342 yards passing and 25 yards rushing
- Recorded a career high 349 yards and three touchdowns on 22-of-37 passing, while rushing for 42 yards and a touchdown on six carries in BYU's 66-49 win over Virginia.
- With four passing touchdowns and one rushing in 59-14 win over Idaho State, became just the fourth quarterback in BYU history to pass for at least four touchdowns and rush for at least one in a single game.
- Others: Virgil Carter (vs. UTEP 1966), Steve Young (vs. Bowling Green 1983), Christian Stewart (vs. Savannah State 2014)
- Career stats:
- 65.2% completions (tied with Steve Young for No. 4 all-time at BYU)
- 6,174 passing yards
- 52 touchdowns to 11 interceptions
- Pass efficiency rating of 158.2 (No. 4 all-time at BYU)
- 181 carries for 796 yards and nine touchdowns
- No. 1 all-time at BYU in career interception avoidance percentage (0.153)
- Season stats:
- 66% completions (No. 8 all-time at BYU)
- 3,171 yards (No. 24 all-time at BYU)
- 31 touchdowns to six interceptions
- pass efficiency rating of 160.8 (No. 8 all-time at BYU)
- 86 carries for 346 yards and three touchdowns
- No. 2 all-time at BYU in single-season interception avoidance percentage (1.6%)
- Named Independent Offensive Player and Quarterback of the Year by College Football Network
- Named to All-Independent First Team by College Football Network
- Named to Phil Steele All-Independent First Team
- Through week 13, one of just three FBS quarterbacks with 3000+ passing yards, 65%+ completion rate, 160+ pass efficiency rating, 30+ touchdown passes and fewer than 10 interceptions with 300+ rushing yards. Others include: Caleb Williams (USC) and Drake Maye (North Carolina
- In 35-26 win over Stanford:
- Upped season total to 3,171 passing yards and 348 rushing along with 31 passing touchdowns
- With 93 passing yards and 69 rushing yards, joined Steve Young and Brandon Doman as the only BYU quarterbacks to have at least 3,000 passing yards and 300 rushing yards in the same season.
- BYU all-time marks as of Nov. 28:
- Career completion percentage of 0.652 is tied for No. 4 with Steve Young (1981-83)
- Career pass efficiency rating of 158.2 is No. 4, surpassing Jim McMahon's 156.91 (1977-78, 80-81)
- Career interception avoidance percentage of 1.5% is No. 1 at BYU.
- At 52 career passing touchdowns, is three short of tying Gifford Nielsen for No. 10 all-time at BYU.
- FBS stat ranks as of Nov. 28:
- No. 8 passing TDs
- No. 17 passing yards
- No. 13 pass efficiency
- No. 25 completions
- In 52-26 win over Utah Tech:
- Surpassed 3,000 passing yards for the season
- Career-high 424 passing yards (first game to surpass 400)
- 10th-career rushing touchdown
- Second-career game with four passing touchdowns and one rushing
- Third-career game with four passing touchdowns (vs. Wyoming 2022, vs. Idaho State 2021)
- Second-career game with four first-half touchdown passes (vs. Idaho State 2021)
- Fifth game this season with three or more touchdown passes, eighth of his career
- Ninth consecutive game with multiple touchdown passes
- Ninth-career game over 300 passing yards, fifth this season
- Named one of Manning Award Stars of the Week for performance in BYU's 31-28 win at Boise State on Nov. 5.
- Led BYU in putting up 532 yards of total offense against a Boise State defense that entered the game ranked No. 2 nationally in total defense.
- Career-best 377 passing yards and 82 rushing yards for a career-high 459 yards of total offense in 31-28 win at Boise State.
- Matched a career-best performance with four total touchdowns (three pass, one rush) in win at Boise State
- Season-long 48-yard run in win at Boise State
- Set a career-high 42 passing attempts and matched a career-high 29 completions in win at Boise State.
- Joined Taysom Hill as the second BYU quarterback since 2000 with 350+ passing yards and 80+ rushing yards in a game. Hill did so with 417 passing and 128 rushing in 47-46 win at Houston in 2013.
- Matched 2021 total with 21st passing touchdown vs. East Carolina
- Rushed for season-high 60 yards vs. East Carolina
- Has thrown multiple touchdown passes in eight of nine games this season and 12 of his last 13.
- Surpassed 5,000 career passing yards (5,013) against Liberty, becoming the 15th all-time Cougar quarterback to do so.
- Career-high 356 passing yards and third-career game with three touchdown passes in 52-35 loss vs. Arkansas
- Named KIA Player of the Month for September by the College Football Hall of Fame on Oct. 3.
- Named to the Top 25 Watch List for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award on Oct. 3.
- In 38-24 win over Wyoming on Sept. 24...
- Set a career-high completion rate of 81.3%
- Set a career-high in pass-efficiency rating vs. an FBS opponent (211.0)
- Threw a career-long pass (68 yard touchdown to Keanu Hill).
- Tied a career-high with four touchdown passes (Idaho State, 2021)
- Became the first BYU quarterback to record three separate interception-free streaks of 100+ pass attempts. Hall has previously thrown 163 and 119 consecutive passes without an interception. His current streaks is 115.
- Career-high 41 attempts and 29 completions in loss at No. 25 Oregon on Sept. 17.
- Recorded fourth career game with over 300 yards passing and ninth game with multiple touchdown passes in loss at No. 25 Oregon on Sept. 17.
- Led BYU to its sixth all-time win over a team ranked in the top-10 of the AP poll with a 26-20 (2OT) victory over No. 9 Baylor on Sept. 10.
- Became the first BYU quarterback to both throw and receive a touchdown pass in the same game with a 20-yard scoring strike to Chase Roberts and a 22-yard receiving touchdown from Roberts versus Baylor.
- Hall's receiving touchdown versus the Bears marked the first time a BYU quarterback caught a pass and took it to the end zone since Steve Young's game-winning reception against Missouri in the 1983 Holiday Bowl.
- Played in two games
- Tallied first career rush at Boise State
- Posted three rushing attempts for six yards at UMass
- Did not participate due to injury
Jaren Hall Great 8 Award for Week 2
Jaren Hall throws against Boise State.jpg
Jaren Hall rushes for TD against Baylor.jpg
Jaren Hall throws against Baylor.jpg
Jaren Hall at line of scrimmage vs. Baylor.jpg
Jaren Hall named Player of the Week
BYU offensive line vs Arizona 2021
Jaren Hall rushes at Wazzu
Jaren Hall stiff arms vs. UVA
Jaren Hall back to pass vs. Idaho State
Jaren Hall graphic Maxwell Award Watch List
Jaren Hall-Davey O'Brien Award preseason Watch List 2022
Walter Camp watch list Jaren Hall
Manning Award Watch List 2022 Jaren Hall
22FTB PRAC 8-22 076.jpg
Jaren Hall CFPA Trophy Watch List
Unitas Award Watch List Jaren Hall
19FTB at USF 1705.JPG
Jaren Hall loads up for a pass against Wyoming on September 24, 2022
Jaren Hall Unitas Award Top 25
Jaren Hall Kia Player of the Month
Jaren Hall Davey O'Brien Class of 2022
Jaren Hall Manning Award Stars of the week-2
College Football Network All-Independent teams
Hall media IMG_1868.JPG
Hall media IMG_1869.JPG