Running Back 25
Kaiser High School
- All-time leading rusher for Kaiser High School
- As a senior rushed for 2,470 yards on 231 carries and scored 29 touchdowns
- Ran for more than 5,000 yards in high school and scored 56 rushing touchdowns
- Averaged 8.3 yards per carry in high school
- Two-way player also posted 126 total tackles, five sacks, two interceptions and two fumble recoveries on defense
- Posted back-to-back 300-yard games in high school
- An All-CIF selection at Kaiser High School
- Coached by Bill Cardosi
- Mom is Ester Allgeier
- Grew up in Fontana, California, same city as BYU all-time leading rusher Jamaal Williams
BYU Hall of Fame
Freshman Year 2019
- Played in all 13 games, seeing action at linebacker, running back and kick returner
- Had 26 tackles, 1.0 tackle for loss, 0.5 sacks, one forced fumble and one pass breakup
- Ran 17 times for 119 yards and caught three passes for 67 yards and one touchdown
- Had two kick returns for 40 yards
- Posted a career-best nine tackles against Boise State
- Ran eight times for 77 yards at Hawai'i
Sophmore Year 2021
- Started all 13 games - one of just three offensive players and six players overall on the team to do so in 2021
- Finishes 2021 season with
- 276 rushing attempts for 1,601 yards at 5.8 yards per attempt and 23 touchdowns (leading rusher)
- Seven games of 100-yards or more
- Two games of 200 yards or more (at Utah State, vs. Virginia)
- 28 receptions for 199 yards at 7.1 yards per catch
- Led BYU in all-purpose yardage with 1,800, averaging 139 per game
- Six games with two or more rushing touchdowns
- 452 career rushing attempts for 2,899 yards at 6.4 yards per attempt and 36 touchdowns, 13 games of 100-yards or more
- Doak Walker Award semifinalist
- Sporting News Second Team All-American
- Phil Steele Fourth Team All-American
- Pro Football Network Honorable Mention All-America
- Phil Steele All-Independent First Team
- Pro Football Network Independent Player of the Year
- Pro Football Network Independent Offensive Player of the Year
- Pro Football Network Running Back of the Year
- Pro Football Network First Team All-Independent Offense
- CFPA National Performer of the Year midseason watchlist
- All-American candidate
- Week 10 Heisman hopeful list
- Capital One Orange Bowl Player of the Week (Nov. 3)
- NCAAF Nation247 Week 13 Performance (Nov. 29)
- Three-time Independent Offensive Player of the Week — College Sports Madness
- Watch list for the Maxwell Award and Paul Hornung Award
- 2021 Final National Statistical Rankings
- No. 1 (tied) in Rushing TDs: 23
- No. 5 (tied) in Rushing Yards: 1,601
- No. 4 in Total Carries: 276
- As of Dec. 20 (BYU record book)
- No. 1 all-time career rushing average (6.4, min. 250 attempts)
- No. 1 single-season rushing yards (1,601) - passing Luke Staley's 1,582 (2001).
- No. 1 single-season rushing attempts (276) - passing Ronney Jenkins' 252 (1998).
- No. 1 career rushing yards in bowl games (431)
- No. 1 rushing touchdowns in a bowl game (3)
- No. 1 career rushing touchdowns in bowl games (4)
- No. 2 single season rushing touchdowns (23)
- No. 2 single-season total touchdowns (23)
- No. 2 single season points scored (138)
- Tied for No. 2 all-time career rushing touchdowns mark (36) - tied with running backs coach Harvey Unga
- Tied for No. 2 all-time career 200-yard rushing games (2)
- Tied for No. 2 single-season 100-yard rushing games (7) - tied with running backs coach Harvey Unga
- No. 3 all-time career 100-yard rushing games (13)
- No. 5 all-time career rushing yards (2,899) - passing Taysom Hill's 2,819 (2012-16).
- No. 10 all-time career rushing attempts (452)
- One of only four all-time BYU running backs to record multiple 200-yard rushing performances, the others being Jamaal Williams (2012-16), Curtis Brown (2002, 04-06) and Luke Staley (1999-2001)
- Joins Luke Staley as the only all-time BYU running back to record two or more 200-yard rushing performances in a single season.
- Allgeier's 266 yards rushing versus Virginia was third-best single-game rushing total in program-history.
- Five touchdowns versus Virginia, joins former BYU running backs Jamaal Williams, Luke Staley and Eric Lane as the only Cougars to rush for five touchdowns in a single game.
- Also joins former BYU wide receiver Cody Hoffman and running backs Ronney Jenkins, Williams, Staley and Lane as the only Cougars to score five non-passing touchdowns in a single-game.
- Holds the BYU record for longest run from scrimmage in a bowl game and longest scoring run from scrimmage in a bowl game with touchdown from 62 yards out vs. UAB in Independence Bowl.
- Helped BYU upset No. 21 ranked Utah 26-17 with 102 yards on 27 carries.
- Ran for a new career high of 266 yards (9.17/carry) and five touchdowns on 29 attempts in BYU's 66-49 win over Virginia.
- Recorded a then career-high 218 rushing yards for three touchdowns on 22 attempts in a 34-20 win at Utah State.
- Totaled a career high 32 carries for 191 yards and two touchdowns in 21-19 win at Washington State.
- Led BYU offense to....
- Scoring 33 points per game
- Averaging 452 yards of total offense per game
- Converting 46% of third downs
- Scoring on 89% of red zone trips (49 of 55), 75% of which (41) were touchdowns
- Played in four games
- Totaled nine rushing attempts for 49 yards on the season
- Totaled 103 all-purpose yards including 57 kick return yards
- Tallied first career kickoff return against Hawai'i for 21 yards
- Tallied first two career rushes against Hawai'i with a long of eight yards
- Season long and team-high kickoff return yards at 36 yards against Northern Illinois
- Season high 46 rushing yards and season long 44 yard rush against New Mexico State
- Tallied first reception against Western Michigan in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
Medical Redshirt Year
- Played in all 11 games, starting 8
- Named All-America Honorable Mention
- Named All-Independent First Team
- No. 7 in the nation in rushing yards per carry (7.53), No. 8 in rushing yards (1,130) and No. 25 in rushing yards per game (102.7
- No. 10 in the nation in rushing TDs (13) and No. 14 in total TDs (13)
- No. 1 among all Independent players in rushing yards (1,130), rushing yards per game (102.7), rushing yards per carry (7.53) and all-purpose yards (118.55) and top running back in rushing touchdowns (13)
- Lead the team in rushing yards with 1,130 on the season
- Tallied 13 rushing touchdowns on 150 attempts at 7.2 yards per carry and 102.7 yards per game.
- Had 14 receptions for 174 yards with a season-long of 43 yards
- Lead the team in all-purpose yards with 1304 total yards on 1,130 rushing and 174 receiving.
- Had a team-high 173 rushing yards against UCF on 19 attempts
Tyler Allgeier runs down sideline for TD against USU.jpg
Tyler Allgeier celebrates TD vs. Baylor.jpg
Tyler Allgeier vs Utah State 2021
Tyler Allgeier at Utah State
Tyler Allgeier dives in for TD against Wazzu
Tyler Allgeier rushing at Wazzu
Tyler Allgeier ices games with first down at Washington State
Allgeier CSM Independent Offensive Player of the Week
Tyler Allgeier named Independent POW-3
Tyler Allgeier CFPA POW
Tyler Allgeier POW vs Virginia 2021
Tyler Allgeier breaks free on screen pass vs. ISU
Tyler Allgeier rushes for TD vs. ISU
Tyler Allgeier CFPA POY Award Midseason
Tyler Allgeier Doak Walker 2021 Semifinalist
Tyler Allgeier Sporting News All-American
Pro Football Network 2021 All Americans
Tyler Allgeier 2021 Phil Steele All American
Tyler Allgeier vs UAB running
Tyler Allgier NFL Draft.jpg
Drafted Allgeier 1920.jpeg