Pronunciation: Lo-Ren-zo Fow-uh-tay-uh
Part of BYU's defensive line from 2017-2022, Fauatea appeared in 46 games with nine career starts, including six his senior season. He concludes his time as a Cougar with 64 total tackles (36 solo, 28 assisted) and 11 tackles for loss for 49 yards. His career includes some of the following highlights:
- Six career sacks for 40 yards, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.
- Totaled 22 tackles (11 solo) in 2022 to go along with five tackles-for-loss, 2.5 sacks, three quarterback hurries, a forced fumble and pass breakup.
- In 2021, Fauatea recorded a key forced fumble in BYU's 26-17 win over No. 21 Utah while collecting a fumble recovery in a 35-27 win over South Florida.
- 21 total tackles in 2019, posting a career-high five tackles in BYU's 28-25 home win over No. 14 Boise State.
*See Year tab for additional information
- Major: Earned bachelor's degree in 2022 in sociology
- Parents are Matthew and Kika
- Wife's name is Chastina
- A three-star defensive end by Scout, Rivals, 247Sports and ESPN
- Named Region 21 Defensive MVP by the Deseret News and All-Region selection
- Deseret News and Salt Lake Tribune 5A First Team All-State selection
- Played in the Polynesian Bowl
- Coached by Scott Henderson
- Also recruited by Utah and Oregon State
- Played in all 13 games, starting one
- Totaled 13 total tackles including nine solo stops
- Had first career solo tackle at Arizona
- Tied his career-high three tackles at Wisconsin
- Had first career pass breakup against Cal
- Posted season high of two assisted tackles at No. 6 Wisconsin
- Recorded first career sack and first tackle for loss against New Mexico State
- Career-high 1.5 sacks against Western Michigan in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
- Played nine games with two starts
- Totaled 21 tackles
- Had three tackles for loss and two sacks
- Forced one fumble and had one quarterback hurry
- Had a career-best five tackles against Tennessee and Boise State
- Posted a sack and forced fumble against USC
- Also had a sack against Boise State
- Posted one tackle for loss against San Diego State
- Played in first five games in 2021 prior to missing the rest of the season due to injury.
- Recorded a key forced fumble in 26-17 win over No. 21 Utah.
- Collected his first career fumble recovery in 35-27 win over South Florida.
- Played in 12 games, starting six
- Totaled 22 tackles (11 solo), five tackles-for-loss, 2.5 sacks, three quarterback hurries, a forced fumble and pass breakup
- Single-game career-high with 1.5 sacks in BYU's 35-26 win over Stanford
- Recorded third-career forced fumble in loss at Liberty
- Played in three games
- Had four total tackles
- Notched three tackles against Utah State
- Played in four games before suffering a season-ending injury