Offensive Line 52
East High School
Tukuafu played as an offensive lineman at BYU from 2017-22 and appeared in 34 games, including 17 starts. His career includes the following highlights:
- Played in 10 games his senior year in 2022
- Started nine games in 2021, leading BYU's offense to average 33 points and 452 yards of total offense per game, a 46% third-down conversion rate, 89% red zone efficiency and allowing just 15 sacks on the season
- Played nine games (starting four) in 2020, helping the BYU offense rank No. 8 in the nation for the fewest sacks allowed (12 sacks in 12 games) and only allowing two pressures on 293 pass-blocking regular season snaps. The offense also ranked No. 4 in scoring (43.5) and No. 7 in total offense (522.2).
*See Year tab for additional information
- Major: History
- Missionary Service: Served a full-time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Cordoba, Argentina
- Parents are Melini and Pasa
- Is the youngest of four children
- Played at East High School
- Gained over 700 receiving yards and caught eight touchdowns as a senior
- Also added 47 tackles and 6.5 sacks
- Led East to the 4A state championship game in 2014 and 2013
- Also recruited by Utah
BYU Hall of Fame
Freshman Year 2018
- Member of the scout team
Sophmore Year 2019
- Played in four games with one start at tight end
- Moved from tight end to offensive line midway through the season
- Saw action against Utah, Tennessee, Toledo and Utah State
Junior Year 2021
- Played in 12 games, started nine.
- Led BYU offense to...
- Scoring 33 points per game.
- Averaging 452 yards of total offense per game.
- Converting on 46% of third downs.
- Scoring on 89% of red zone trips (49 of 55), 75% of which (41) were touchdowns.
- Allowing just 15 sacks on the season.
Senior Year 2022
- Played in 10 games, starting three
- A member of the scout team
Medical Redshirt Year
- Played in nine games, started four
- Started against Louisiana Tech, UTSA, Texas State and UCF