Cougars to host Robison Invitational April 19-22
PROVO, Utah - No. 6/11 BYU men’s and women’s track and field is set to play host for the first time this outdoor season with the Robison Invitational at the Clarence F. Robison Track and Field Complex on Wednesday through Saturday.
- Dates: April 19-22
- Wednesday women's events begin at 12:00 p.m. MDT, men's at 12:15.
- Thursday men's and women's events begin at 12:00 p.m.
- Friday men's events begin at 11:00 a.m. and women's at 1:00 p.m.
- Saturday women's events begin at 10:00 a.m. and men's at 11:00.
- Live Results
- No live stream will be available. Stay tuned to BYU track and field social media platforms for updates as results become available.
- Tickets: $6.00 online or at the ticket booth Friday and Saturday starting at 9:00 a.m.
- Parking will be available in the lots directly south or west of LaVell Edwards Stadium.
A special alumni event will take place Saturday, April 22 as alumni are invited to join current BYU coaches for a meal and senior recognitions following the conclusion of the meet at approximately 4:30 p.m. MDT.
Alumni can click here to RSVP.
Claire Seymour and Kenneth Rooks lead the way among 10 Cougars ranked in the nation's top-10 so far this season. Last Friday, Seymour clocked a school-record time of 2:00.04 in the 800-meters at the Bryan Clay Invitational. She broke Julie Jenkins' 1987 school record of 2:00.50, jumping from No. 5 to No. 1 all-time at BYU. The time kept her on pace at second nationally among mid-distance runners.
Rooks recently improved on his season-best in the steeplechase at last Thursday's Bryan Clay Invitational, leading all 132 runners in the event after blazing across the line at 8:31.83 to remain No. 2 in the nation. The runner-up was nearly nine seconds behind.
Top-10 BYU Athletes
|Event||Name||National Ranking||Time/Mark||Date, Meet Achieved|
|W 800m||Claire Seymour||No. 2||2:00.04||April 14, Bryan Clay Invitational|
|M 3,000 S||Kenneth Rooks||No. 2||8:31.83||April 13, Bryan Clay Invitational|
|W HJ||Cierra Tidwell Allphin||No. 3||1.88m/6-2||April 15, Mt. SAC Relays|
|M JT||Cameron Bates||No. 5||76.07m/249-7||April 1, Texas Relays|
|W 3,000 S||Lexy Halladay-Lowry||No. 5||9:49.95||April 13, Bryan Clay Invitational|
|Decathlon||Ben Barton||No. 7||7,699 points||March 30, Texas Relays|
|W 5,000m||Jenna Hutchins||No. 7||15:35.73||March 31, Stanford Invitational|
|M 10,000m||Casey Clinger||No. 8||28:01.67||April 13, Bryan Clay Invitational|
|M DT||Dallin Shurts||No. 8||62.21m/204-1||March 31, Texas Relays|
|M 10,000m||Creed Thompson||No. 9||28:04.15||April 13, Bryan Clay Invitational|
Eighteen BYU women received All-Academic honors as the USTFCCCA released its 2023 track and field academic awards July…