USTFCCCA recognizes 27 Cougars with All-Academic Honors
NEW ORLEANS – The USTFCCCA recognized 27 BYU men's track and field athletes with All-Academic honors on July 13.
With this accomplishment, Dallin Vorkink and Caleb Witsken have become four-time USTFCCCA All-Academic honorees. Cameron Bates, Casey Clinger, Dallin Draper, Zachary Erikson, Landon Maxfield and Aidan Troutner have each received the award three times. Ten Cougars received the distinction for the second time and nine received it for their first.
The men’s program earned a cumulative GPA of 3.30.
The following criteria are used to determine Division I Track & Field All-Academic Athletes:
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must have completed at least two (2) semesters or three (3) quarters at the nominating institution.
- Athletic criteria for the award:
- For the indoor season: must have finished the season ranked in the top 96 in any championship individual event, or in the top 48 in any championship relay event, for the most recent indoor season, certifiable by their place on final season performance lists on TFRRS for Indoor Track and Field (including performances achieved outside the qualifying window during the indoor season).
- For the outdoor season: must have participated in any round of the NCAA Division I Outdoor Track and Field Championships (the Preliminary Championship Competition and/or the Final Championship Competition) or for the multi-events, must have finished the season ranked in the top 48 in the East or top 48 in the West for the most recent outdoor season, certifiable by their place on the NCAA Division I descending order lists on TFRRS for Outdoor Track and Field.
The full release for the 2023 NCAA Division I Track and Field All-Academic awards can be found on ustfccca.org
|2023 USTFCCCA Men's All-Academic Honorees|
|Ben Barton||Exercise Science||3.74||2019, 23|
|Cameron Bates||Post-Baccalaureate Studies||3.3||2019, 21, 23|
|Lucas Bons||Mechanical Engineering||3.78||2021, 23|
|Nathan Burnett||Computer Engineering||3.51||2021, 23|
|Ryan Cibart||Exercise Science||3.36||2023|
|Chase Clement||Molecular Biology||3.77||2023|
|Casey Clinger||Business Management||3.84||2021, 22, 23|
|Jared Davis||Accounting||3.76||2022, 23|
|Dallin Draper||Statistics||3.74||2021, 22, 23|
|Zachary Erikson||Computer Science||3.99||2021, 22, 23|
|Sebastian Fernandez||Economics||3.51||2022, 2023|
|Trey Jackson||Information Systems||3.91||2022, 23|
|Caleb Johnson||Computer Science||3.58||2023|
|Landon Maxfield||Information Systems||3.42||2021, 2022, 23|
|Joey Nokes||Exercise Science||3.66||2022, 23|
|Brinton Paulson||Exercise Science||3.94||2023|
|Kenneth Rooks||Civil Engineering||3.96||2022, 23|
|Josh Taylor||Construction Management||3.49||2022, 23|
|Creed Thompson||Computer Science||3.85||2023|
|Davin Thompson||Computer Science||3.69||2022, 23|
|Aidan Troutner||Accounting||3.64||2021, 22, 23|
|Dallin Vorkink||Exercise Science||3.95||2020, 21, 22, 23|
|Caleb Witsken||Exercise Science||3.99||2020, 21, 22, 23|
BYU distance runner Kenneth Rooks delivered a comeback for the ages to claim the U.S. steeplechase title despite an…