BYU hosts San Francisco on Senior Night
PROVO, Utah – BYU will wrap up the regular season on Saturday evening when the Cougars welcome San Francisco to Provo for a final time as West Coast Conference foes. Seniors Rudi Williams and Gideon George will be honored prior to their final game at the Marriott Center. Tip is scheduled for 8 p.m. MST.
Saturday’s contest will be broadcast on ESPNU. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (16-14, 6-9 WCC)
- BYU enters its final regular season game as a member of the West Coast Conference at 16-14 overall and 6-9 in league play following a 71-65 setback to No. 17 Saint Mary’s last Saturday in Moraga, Calif.
- Gideon George has appeared in 90 games during his BYU career including 57 starts where he is averaging 8.4 points and 4.9 rebounds per game. He is shooting 42.3 percent from the field, 32.6 percent from three and 68.4 percent from the free throw during his time in Provo.
- In his lone season at BYU, Rudi Williams has appeared in all 30 games where he ranks second on the team in scoring (12.4/game) and assists (2.7/game).
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 161-96 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 84-40 (4th Season)
San Francisco Notes (18-12, 7-8 WCC)
- San Francisco extended its win streak to three games on Thursday evening with a 92-89 victory over Portland at War Memorial at the Sobrato Center.
- Khalil Shabazz paced the Dons in their win over the Pilots scoring 30 points on 5-of-12 shooting from the field on Senior Night. He enters the final game of the regular season leading USF in scoring, rebounds and assists.
- Fellow guard and former Division II All-American, Tyrell Roberts, ranks second on the team in scoring at 16.3 points per contest. He scored a then season-high 30 points against the Cougars in their first matchup back in January.
Head Coach – Chris Gerlufsen
- Alma Mater: Randolph-Macon, 1998
- Division I Career Record: 26-17 (2nd Season)
- Record at USF: 18-12 (1st Season)
- Series Record: BYU leads 23-12
- Last Meeting: San Francisco won, 82-74 (1/21/23)
- H/A/N: 11-3/9-7/3-2
- TV: ESPNU
- TV Talent: Steve Quis, Richie Shueler
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
The NABC announced the recipients of the 2022-23 NABC Team Academic Excellence Awards and NABC Honors Court on Thursday…