BYU heads back to California, face No. 17 Saint Mary’s on Saturday
PROVO, Utah – BYU finishes the road portion of its schedule on Saturday, February 18, when the Cougars make their final trip to the University Union Credit Union as a member of the West Coast Conference to face against No. 17 Saint Mary’s. Tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. PST.
Saturday’s contest will be broadcast on ESPN2. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (16-13, 6-8 WCC)
- BYU enters its final road game of the season on a three-game losing streak following a 81-74 setback to Santa Clara on Thursday evening at the Marriott Center.
- Fousseyni Traore has scored in double figures in a career-best seven straight games after recording his seventh double-double of the season on Thursday, 13 points and 10 rebounds.
- Rudi Williams scored a team-high 20 points on Thursday, marking the fifth time this season he has eclipsed 20 points off the bench.
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 161-95 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 84-39 (4th Season)
No. 17 Saint Mary’s Notes (23-5, 12-1 WCC)
- League leaders Saint Mary’s improved to 23-5 overall and 12-1 in WCC play on Thursday with a 52-59 victory over San Diego.
- The Gaels are only allowing 58.7 points per game, the fourth-lowest in NCAA Division I men’s basketball.
- Aidan Mahaney is the Gaels leading scorer as the freshman is averaging 15.0 points per game, shooting 45.2 percent from the field, 40.9 percent from three and 74.5 percent from the free throw line.
Head Coach – Randy Bennett
- Alma Mater: UC San Diego, 1986
- Division I Career Record: 503-205 (22nd Season)
- Series Record: Series tied 18-18
- Last Meeting: Saint Mary’s won, 57-56 (1/28/23)
- H/A/N: 13-6/3-10/2-2
- TV: ESPN2
- TV Talent: Dave Feldman, Dan Dickau
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced Friday that Michael Davie has been named the men’s basketball…