BYU returns home to Provo, hosts Santa Clara on Thursday
PROVO, Utah – BYU returns to the friendly confines of the Marriott Center on Thursday, February 16, when the Cougars host Santa Clara. Tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. MST in Provo, Utah.
Thursday’s contest will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (16-12, 6-7 WCC)
- BYU is 11-3 at home this season including two straight with wins over Loyola Marymount and Pacific during the Cougars last home stand.
- Fousseyni Traore has scored in double figures in six consecutive games, tied for the longest streak in his young career. The sophomore is averaging a team-high 12.9 points and 7.8 rebounds per game.
- Jaxson Robinson has hit at least one 3-pointer in 15 straight games, tied for the 13th longest streak in a single season in program history. The sophomore has hit a team-high 55 triples this season.
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 161-94 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 84-38 (4th Season)
Santa Clara Notes (19-8, 7-5 WCC)
- Santa Clara enters Thursday’s matchup on a three-game win streak following a 71-69 victory over LMU on Saturday.
- Brandin Podziemski ranks third in the West Coast Conference and 36th in the nation in scoring at 19.4 points per game. The sophomore is shooting 47.1 percent from the field, 43.2 percent from 3-point range and 80.0 percent from the free throw line.
- Keshawn Justice ranks first in the WCC and 25th in the nation in 3-point attempts as the fifth-year senior has 207 attempts from behind the arc.
Head Coach – Herb Sendek
- Alma Mater: Carnegie Mellon, 1985
- Division I Career Record: 529-387 (29th Season)
- Record at Santa Clara: 116-92 (7th Season)
- Series Record: BYU leads 32-8
- Last Meeting: Santa Clara won, 83-76 (1/19/23)
- H/A/N: 18-2/11-6/3-0
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- TV Talent: John Sadak, Mike O’Donnell
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
The NABC announced the recipients of the 2022-23 NABC Team Academic Excellence Awards and NABC Honors Court on Thursday…