BYU makes final WCC trip to The Kennel on Saturday
PROVO, Utah – BYU makes its final trip to The Kennel as a member of the West Coast Conference on Saturday, February 11, when the Cougars take on No. 16 Gonzaga in Spokane, Wash. Tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. PST.
Saturday’s contest will be broadcast on ESPN2. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (16-11, 6-6 WCC)
- BYU saw its two-game win streak come to an end on Thursday with a 92-80 setback to Pepperdine at Firestone Fieldhouse in Malibu, Calif.
- Fousseyni Traore scored a team-high 19 points against the Waves, marking the 10th time this season and 15th time during his career he has led the Cougars in scoring.
- Sophomore Jaxson Robinson has made a 3-pointer in 14 straight games, the 15th longest streak in a single season in program history.
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 161-93 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 84-37 (4th Season)
No. 16 Gonzaga Notes (20-5, 9-2 WCC)
- Gonzaga got back into the win column with a 99-81 victory over San Francisco on Thursday evening in The Kennel.
- Drew Timme, who was named to the Naismith Midseason List earlier this week, is averaging 21.2 points, 7.4 rebounds and 3.3 assists per game while shooting over 60 percent from the field. He has scored in double figures in 23 of 25 games including three games with 30-plus.
- Julian Strawther is the second leading scorer for the Zags as the Las Vegas native is scoring 14.1 points per game. He scored a career-high 40 points against Portland earlier in WCC play.
Head Coach – Mark Few
- Alma Mater: Oregon, 1987
- Division I Career Record: 677-134 (24th Season)
- Series Record: Gonzaga leads 24-7
- Last Meeting: Gonzaga won, 75-74 (1/12/23)
- H/A/N: 3-9/3-8/1-7
- TV: ESPN2
- TV Talent: Dave Flemming, Sean Farnham
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced Friday that Michael Davie has been named the men’s basketball…