BYU hits the road, face Pepperdine on Thursday in Malibu
PROVO, Utah – BYU hits the road for the first time in two weeks when the Cougars travel to Malibu, California on Thursday, February 9, to take on Pepperdine. Tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. at Firestone Fieldhouse.
Thursday’s contest will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (16-10, 6-5 WCC)
- BYU finished its three-game home stand on a high note on Saturday evening with a 81-66 victory over Pacific.
- Fousseyni Traore picked up his sixth double-double of the season and 15th of his career against the Tigers, finishing with 19 points and 12 rebounds.
- Gideon George also recorded a double-double as the senior forward had 12 points and a season-high 10 rebounds.
- BYU ranks second in the West Coast Conference and 38th in the nation in bench scoring (25.5/game).
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 161-92 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 84-36 (4th Season)
Pepperdine Notes (8-17, 1-10 WCC)
- Pepperdine picked up its first WCC win of the season on Saturday with a dramatic 94-93 double overtime victory over Portland.
- Maxwell Lewis is the leading scorer for the Waves as the sophomore is averaging 18.4 points per game, shooting 48.8 percent from the field, 36.6 percent from three and 84.1 percent from the free throw line.
- Houston Mallette scored a career-high 31 points against the Cougars in Malibu last season. He ranks second on the team in scoring this season with 13.2 points per contest.
Head Coach – Lorenzo Romar
- Alma Mater: Cincinnati, 1992
- Division I Career Record: 453-372 (26th Season)
- Record at Pepperdine: 104-132 (8th Season)
- Series Record: BYU lead 21-10
- Last Meeting: BYU won, 91-81 (1/14/23)
- H/A/N: 13-2/7-7/1-1
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- TV Talent: Rich Waltz, Mike O’Donnell
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced Friday that Michael Davie has been named the men’s basketball…