BYU continues home stand at Marriott Center, host Loyola Marymount on Thursday
PROVO, Utah – BYU continues its three-game home stand on Thursday, February 2, when the Cougars welcome Loyola Marymount to the Marriott Center. Tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. MST.
Thursday’s contest will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (14-10, 4-5 WCC)
- BYU saw its four-game home win streak over No. 22 Saint Mary’s come to an end on Saturday with a 57-56 setback to the Gaels.
- Dallin Hall scored a career-high 23 points on Saturday, tied for the most points the Gaels have allowed this season.
- BYU outrebounded the Gaels by eight, 33-25, as the Cougars now rank 19th in the nation in rebound margin and 26th in defensive rebounds per game.
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 159-92 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 82-36 (4th Season)
Loyola Marymount Notes (16-7, 6-3 WCC)
- Loyola Marymount enters Thursday’s matchup on a four-game win streak following a 84-70 victory over Pepperdine on Saturday.
- Cam Shelton leads the team in scoring and assists as the senior is scoring 19.3 points per game, shooting 48.4 percent from the field, 34.4 percent from three and 66.9 percent from the free throw line.
- The Lions are ranked 19th in the nation in 3-pointers per game (9.4/game). They also ranked 24th in 3-point defense with opponents shooting 29.7 percent from behind the arc.
Head Coach – Stan Johnson
- Alma Mater: Southern Utah, 2003
- Division I Career Record: 40-34 (3rd Season)
- Series Record: BYU lead 22-6
- Last Meeting: LMU won, 64-59 (1/5/23)
- H/A/N: 10-2/9-4/3-0
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- TV Talent: John Sadak, Pete Gillen
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced Friday that Michael Davie has been named the men’s basketball…