BYU stays in the Bay, ready to face San Francisco on Saturday
SAN FRANCISCO – BYU makes its final trip to War Memorial Gym as a member of the West Coast Conference on Saturday, January 21, when the Cougars face off against San Francisco. Tip is scheduled for 5 p.m. PST.
Saturday’s contest will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (14-8, 4-3 WCC)
- BYU was unable to overcome 15 first half turnovers as they suffered its third loss in WCC play on Thursday to Santa Clara, 83-76.
- The Cougars are 5-0 this season and 22-4 under fourth year head coach Mark Pope with only day in between games.
- Spencer Johnson made a career-high four 3-pointers on Thursday evening en route to 17 points. The junior guard is now shooting 50.0 percent from 3-point range this season.
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 159-90 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 82-34 (4th Season)
San Francisco Notes (13-9, 2-5 WCC)
- San Francisco ended a two-game losing streak on Thursday with a 78-57 victory over Pacific at War Memorial Gym.
- Zane Meeks led the Dons in scoring for a third time this season on Thursday evening as he finished with 17 points, going 6-of-11 from the field and 4-of-4 from the free throw line.
- The Dons leading scorer, Tyrell Roberts, has scored in double figures in all 22 games he has started for the Dons this season. The Washington State transfer is scoring 14.9 points per game, shooting 45.4 percent from the field, 41.0 percent from three and 81.0 percent from the charity stripe.
Head Coach – Chris Gerlufsen
- Alma Mater: Randolph Macon
- Division I Career Record: 21-14 (2nd Season)
- Record at San Francisco: 13-9 (1st Season)
- Series Record: BYU lead 23-11
- Last Meeting: San Francisco won 75-63, 3/5/22
- H/A/N: 11-3/9-6/3-2
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- TV Talent: Carter Blackburn, Pete Gillen
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced Friday that Michael Davie has been named the men’s basketball…