BYU returns to action, host Pepperdine on Saturday
PROVO, Utah – BYU looks to get back into the win column on Saturday, January 14, when the Cougars host Pepperdine at the Marriott Center. Tip is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Saturday’s contest will be broadcast on BYUtv. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (13-7, 3-2 WCC)
- BYU upset bid came up short on Thursday as the Cougars fell 75-74 to No. 8 Gonzaga in front of a sold Marriott Center.
- Spencer Johnson tied a career-high with 18 points as the junior was 7-of-11 from the field and 3-of-5 from 3-point range. He also had a career-high five steals.
- Jaxson Robinson also tied a career-high as the sophomore finished with 17 points, going 5-of-8 from behind the arc.
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 158-89 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 81-33 (4th Season)
Pepperdine Notes (7-11, 0-4 WCC)
- Pepperdine dropped to 7-11 overall and 0-4 in West Coast Conference following a 92-89 setback to San Diego on Thursday evening in America’s Finest City.
- Maxwell Lewis is scoring a team-high 19.7 points per game, shooting 51.2 percent from the field, 41.2 percent from three and 84.7 percent from the free throw line.
- Houston Mallette averaged 27.0 points per game against the Cougars last season including a 31-point performance in their first meeting in Malibu, Calif.
Head Coach – Lorenzo Romar
- Alma Mater: Cincinnati, 1992
- Division I Career Record: 452-366 (.553)
- Record at Pepperdine: 103-126 (.450)
- Series Record: BYU lead 20-10
- Last Meeting: BYU won 75-59, 2/26/22
- H/A/N: 12-2/7-7/1-1
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann, Blaine Fowler, Spencer Linton
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced Friday that Michael Davie has been named the men’s basketball…