BYU looks to bounce back, face San Diego on Saturday afternoon
SAN DIEGO, Calif. – BYU finishes its SoCal road trip on Saturday, January 7, when the Cougars face San Diego at the Jenny Craig Pavilion. Tip is scheduled for 5 p.m. PST in San Diego, California.
Saturday’s contest will be broadcast on Bally Sports SoCal and San Diego and Stadium. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (12-6, 2-1 WCC)
- BYU saw its seven-game win streak snapped on Thursday as the Cougars fell 64-59 to Loyola Marymount in Los Angeles, Calif.
- Fousseyni Traore and Gideon George had the same stat line against LMU: 13 points, five rebounds and two blocks.
- The Cougars rank 16th in that nation in the rebounds per game (40.5/game), 17th in rebound margin (+8.2) and 21st in defensive rebounds per game (28.4/game).
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 157-58 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 80-32 (4th Season)
San Diego Notes (8-9, 1-2 WCC)
- San Diego dropped to 8-9 overall and 1-2 in West Coast Conference play following a 84-82 setback to Pacific on Thursday evening.
- Jace Townsend is the leading scorer for the Toreros as the senior is averaging 15.5 points per game, shooting 48.9 percent from the field, 40.7 percent from three and 90.7 percent from the free throw line.
- Eric Williams Jr., a 6-foot-7 guard, ranks seventh in the nation in double-doubles (7), 12th in rebounds per game (10.0), 15th in total rebounds (150) and 18th in offensive rebounds per game (3.5).
Head Coach – Steve Lavin
- Alma Mater: Chapman, 1988
- Division I Career Record: 245-158 (13th Season)
- Record at USD: 8-9 (1st Season)
- Series Record: BYU leads 19-6
- Last Meeting: BYU won 79-71, 1/20/22
- H/A/N: 11-0/6-4/2-2
- TV: Bally Sports SoCal and San Diego
- TV Talent: Steve Quis, Dan Belluomini
- Streamed Video: Stadium
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced Friday that Michael Davie has been named the men’s basketball…