BYU heads to Southern California, face Loyola Marymount on Thursday
PROVO, Utah – BYU heads to Southern California this week for a pair of West Coast Conference contests beginning with a showdown against Loyola Marymount on Thursday, January 5, in The City of Angels. Tip is scheduled for 8 p.m. PST at Gersten Pavilion.
Thursday’s contest will be broadcast on ESNPU. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (12-5, 2-0 WCC)
- BYU opened WCC play 2-0 for the fourth time since joining the league following a 71-58 victory over Portland on New Year’s Eve.
- The Cougars current seven-game win streak is the second-longest under fourth year head coach Mark Pope.
- Gideon George finished with 20 points and nine rebounds in BYU’s win over Portland, marking the second time this season and fifth time in his career he has led the team in scoring and rebounding in the same game.
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 157-57 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 80-31 (4th Season)
Loyola Marymount Notes (11-5, 1-1 WCC)
- LMU enters the second week of league play at 11-5 overall and 1-1 in WCC play after dropping a 78-72 decision to Pacific on Saturday.
- The Lions are led by Stan Johnson, who has led the program to double digit wins in all of three seasons in charge.
- . Cam Shelton is the leading scorer for the Lions as the Chino, Calif. native is averaging 18.3 points per game while shooting 48.5 percent from the field and 36.8 percent from three.
Head Coach – Stan Johnson
- Alma Mater: Southern Utah, 2003
- Record at LMU: 35-32 (3rd Season)
- Series Record: BYU leads 22-5
- Last Meeting: BYU won 85-60, 3/4/22
- H/A/N: 10-2/9-3/3-0
- TV: ESPNU
- TV Talent: Dave Feldman, Corey Williams
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced Friday that Michael Davie has been named the men’s basketball…