BYU concludes non-conference play on Thursday against Weber State
PROVO, Utah – BYU finishes the non-conference portion of its schedule on Thursday, December 22, when the Cougars host Weber State in the final game of their four-game home stand. Tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. MST at the Marriott Center.
Thursday’s contest will be broadcast on BYUtv. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (9-5 0-0 WCC)
- BYU extended its win streak to four games with a 90-61 victory over Lindenwood on Tuesday evening where the Cougars shot a season-best 55.6 percent from the field.
- Fousseyni Traore scored a season-high 21 points for the Cougars on Thursday, marking the second time this season and third time in his career he has scored 20-plus.
- Dallin Hall had a career-high nine assists, one shy of becoming the eighth freshman to have double digit assists in a game in program history.
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 154-57 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 77-31 (4th Season)
Weber State Notes (5-7, 0-0 Big Sky)
- Weber State comes to Provo on a three-game win streak following its 75-72 comeback victory over previously unbeaten Utah State on Monday evening in Logan.
- The Wildcats are led by first-year head coach Eric Duft, who spent the previous 16 years as an assistant under Randy Rahe.
- Dillon Jones does it all for the Wildcats as the sophomore leads the team in scoring, rebounding and assists. He is also ranks second in the nation in defensive rebounds per game and ninth in double-doubles.
Head Coach – Eric Duft
- Alma Mater: Sterling College, 1995
- Career Record: 5-7 (1st Season)
- Series Record: BYU leads 36-11
- Last Meeting: BYU won 89-71, 12/18/21
- H/A/N: 22-0/11-11/3-0
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann, Blaine Fowler, Spencer Linton
- Streamed Video: byutv.org, BYUtv app
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced Friday that Michael Davie has been named the men’s basketball…