BYU looks to push win streak to four games, welcomes Lindenwood to Marriott Center on Tuesday
PROVO, Utah – BYU continues its four-game home stand on Tuesday, December 20, when the Cougars welcome Lindenwood to the Marriott Center for the program’s first all-time meeting. Tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. MST.
Tuesday’s contest will be broadcast on BYUtv. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (8-5 0-0 WCC)
- BYU extended its win streak over Utah to three games and improved to 8-5 on the season with a 75-66 victory over the Utes on Saturday afternoon in Provo.
- Rudi Williams scored a game-high 26 points for the Cougars, marking the second time in the past three games the senior has scored 20 or more points off the bench.
- After pulling down nine offensive rebounds against the Utes, BYU ranks 30th in the nation in offensive rebounds per game (13.1/game).
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 153-57 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 76-31 (4th Season)
Lindenwood Notes (5-6, 0-0 OVC)
- Lindenwood makes the trip to Provo having won three of its last five games following a 77-42 victory over Knox College on Saturday.
- The Lions are led by fourth-year head coach Kyle Gerdeman, who has accumulated a record of 39-49 during his time in St. Joseph, Mo.
- Chris Childs is the leading scorer for the Lions as the senior is averaging 14.4 points per game, shooting 38.7 percent from the field, 34.3 percent from three and 86.2 percent from the free throw line.
Head Coach – Kyle Gerdeman
- Alma Mater: Southeast Missouri State
- Career Record: 39-49 (4th Season)
- Series Record: First all-time meeting
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann, Blaine Fowler, Spencer Linton
- Streamed Video: byutv.org, BYUtv app
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced Friday that Michael Davie has been named the men’s basketball…