BYU continue home stand, host Utah on Saturday afternoon
PROVO, Utah – BYU and Utah will face-off for the 263rd time on Saturday, December 17, when the Cougars host the Utes at the Marriott Center. Tip is scheduled for 4 p.m. MST.
Saturday’s contest will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network. Jason Shepherd and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on BYU Radio 107.9, BYU Radio app and BYURadio.org.
Sneakers 4 Africa
- The George Helping Hands Foundation along with TIMEOUT4AFRICA, BYU Black Student Union and BYU Global Supply Chain Association will host the Sneakers 4 Africa Shoe Drive this week with bins set up outside the Marriott Center Annex.
- Collection for Saturday’s game will be from 2 – 4:30 p.m.
- Participants are encouraged to bring new or lightly used sports sneakers in all sizes.
BYU Notes (7-5 0-0 WCC)
- BYU picked up its seventh win of the season on Thursday with a 97-64 victory over Western Oregon in front of 11,720 fans at the Marriott Center.
- The Cougars dished out a season-high 28 assists, eight of those coming from sophomore Trey Stewart.
- Gideon George scored a season-high 21 points on Thursday, shooting 8-of-14 from the field and 4-of-8 from 3-point range.
- BYU enters Saturday’s game ranked 20th in the nation in offensive rebounds per game (13.5/game).
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 152-57 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 75-31 (4th Season)
Utah Notes (9-2, 2-0 Pac-12)
- Utah extended their win streak to five games and improved to 9-2 on the season with a 91-70 victory over UTSA on Tuesday evening in Salt Lake City.
- Utah ranks second in the nation in rebounds per game (44.0/game ) while ranking third in defensive rebounds per game (32.1/game).
- The Utes also rank in the Top 5 nationally in field goal and 3-point field goal defense.
- Branden Carlson is averaging a team-best 15.2 points and 7.3 rebounds per game while shooting 54.5 percent from the field, 47.1 percent from 3-point range and 73.1 percent from the free throw line.
Head Coach – Craig Smith
- Alma Mater: North Dakota, 1996
- Career Record: 245-130 (12th Season)
- Record at Utah: 20-22 (2nd Season)
- Series Record: BYU leads 133-129
- Last Meeting: BYU won 75-64, 11/27/21
- H/A/N: 76-49/50-75/7-5
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- TV Talent: Rich Waltz, Bob Wenzel
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio 107.9,, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Jason Shepherd, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
The NABC announced the recipients of the 2022-23 NABC Team Academic Excellence Awards and NABC Honors Court on Thursday…