BYU opens four-game home stand on Thursday against Western Oregon
PROVO, Utah – BYU men’s basketball opens its four-game home stand on Thursday, December 15, when the Cougars welcome Western Oregon to the Marriott Center for the first time since 2009. Tip is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Thursday’s contest will be broadcast on BYUtv. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
Sneakers 4 Africa
- The George Helping Hands Foundation along with TIMEOUT4AFRICA, BYU Black Student Union and BYU Global Supply Chain Association will host the Sneakers 4 Africa Shoe Drive this week with bins set up outside the Marriott Center Annex.
- Collection for Thursday’s game will be from 5 – 7:30 p.m.
- Participants are encouraged to bring new or lightly used sports sneakers in all sizes.
BYU Notes (6-5 0-0 WCC)
- BYU picked up its first win over a ranked opponent this season on Saturday with a 83-80 victory over No. 21 Creighton at the Jack Jones Hoopfest in Las Vegas.
- Rudi Williams scored a team-high 26 points for the Cougars, the seventh most scored by a player off the bench in program history.
- BYU is one of the top offensive rebounding teams in the nation as the Cougars 13.5 offensive boards per game are the 22nd most in NCAA Division I men’s basketball.
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 151-57 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 74-31 (4th Season)
Western Oregon Notes (6-3, 1-1 GNAC)
- Western Oregon has dropped two straight games following a 97-92 setback to Cal Poly Humboldt on Tuesday evening.
- Cameron Cranston is one of four players to average double figures in scoring for the Wolves as the senior is averaging a team-high 14.9 points per game.
- The Wolves rank seventh in NCAA Division II men’s basketball in blocks per game with 5.3 rejections per contest.
Head Coach – Wes Pifer
- Alma Mater: PSU-Altoona, 2007
- Division II Career Record: 32-30 (4th Season)
- Series Record: 3-0
- Last Meeting: BYU won 85-64, 1/6/09
- H/A/N: 3-0/0-0/0-0
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann, Blaine Fowler, Spencer Linton
- Streamed Video: byutv.org, BYUtv app
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced Friday that Michael Davie has been named the men’s basketball…