BYU heads to Las Vegas, set to play No. 21 Creighton in Jack Jones Hoopfest
PROVO – BYU men’s basketball heads to Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, December 10, to face No. 21 Creighton at the Jack Jones Hoopfest. Tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. PST at Michelob ULTRA Arena.
Saturday’s contest will be broadcast on FS1. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (5-5 0-0 WCC)
- BYU has lost two straight regular season games for just the third time under fourth year head coach Mark Pope following a 75-60 setback to Utah Valley on Wednesday evening at the Marriott Center.
- Fousseyni Traore scored a team-high 18 points against the Wolverines and is averaging 11.8 points and 8.3 rebounds per game on the season.
- Rudi Williams has scored in double figures in seven straight games as the Cougars leading scorer (12.4/game) is shooting 42.1 percent from the field, 28.6 percent from three and 82.1 percent from the free throw line.
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 150-58(8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 73-31 (4th Season)
No. 21 Creighton Notes (6-3, 0-0 BIG EAST)
- Creighton has dropped three straight games since opening the season 6-0, a stretch that included wins at the Maui Jim Maui Invitational over No. 21 Texas Tech and No. 9 Arkansas.
- The Bluejays return three playerse named to the BIG EAST’s All-Freshman Team last season including Ryan Nembhard. The sophomore is averaging 12.4 points and 5.6 assists per game.
- 7-foot-1 center Ryan Kalkbrenner is averaging a team-high 15.9 points per game, shooting 76.3 percent from the field.
Head Coach – Greg McDermott
- Alma Mater: Northern Iowa, 1988
- Division 1 Career Record: 562-335 (29th Season)
- Record at Creighton: 282-140 (13th Season)
- Series Record: 7-4
- Last Meeting: Creighton won 83-71, 12/11/21
- H/A/N: 3-0/3-3/1-1
- TV: FS1
- TV Talent: Brandon Gaudin, Nick Bahe
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced Friday that Michael Davie has been named the men’s basketball…