BYU concludes Battle 4 Atlantis against Dayton
PARADISE ISLAND – BYU men’s basketball puts the finishing touches on its trip to the Bahamas and the Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis on Friday, November 25, when the Cougars take on the Flyers of Dayton at Imperial Arena. Tip is scheduled 1:30 p.m. MST/3:30 p.m. EST.
Friday’s contest will be broadcast on ESPNU. Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (3-3 0-0 WCC)
- Fousseyni Traore recorded his second double-double of the season and 11th of his career in Thursday’s 75-70 setback to Butler.
- Traore finished with a season-high 21 points and 12 rebounds while tying a career-high with four assists, leading the team in all three categories in the same game for the first time in his young career.
- BYU scored a season-high 46 points in the paint against the Bulldogs, thanks in large part to 17 offensive rebounds.
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 148-856(8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 71-29 (4th Season)
Dayton Notes (3-3 0-0 Atlantic 10)
- Much like BYU, all three of Dayton’s win have come at home as they enter Friday’s matchup at 3-3.
- The Flyers own the fifth-best field goal percentage defense in the nation as opposing teams are only shooting 32.6 percent against them.
- DaRon Holmes II is the leading scorer for the Flyers at 13.2 points per games. He has scored in double figures four times including a 20-point performance against SMU.
Head Coach – Anthony Grant
- Alma Mater: Dayton, 1987
- Career Record: 298-164 (15th Season)
- Record at Dayton: 105-55 (6th season)
- Series Record: 2-0
- Last Meeting: BYU won 70-62, 1/3/1959
- H/A/N: 0-0/1-0/1-0
- TV: ESPNU
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced Friday that Michael Davie has been named the men’s basketball…