Men’s basketball finish home stand on Saturday against Nicholls
PROVO – BYU finishes its two-game home stand on Saturday, November 19, when the Cougars host Nicholls at the Marriott Center for the first time since 1993. Tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. MST.
Friday’s contest will be broadcast on BYUtv. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (2-1, 0-0 WCC)
- BYU improved to 2-1 on the season on Wednesday evening when Dallin Hall hit a jumper with under two seconds remaining in regulation leading the to a 66-64 victory over Missouri State, 66-64.
- Noah Waterman scored a team-high 15 points on Wednesday, connecting on 5-of-6 from behind the arc as the Cougars scored a season-high 32 bench points.
- The Cougars rank second in the WCC and 39th in the nation in blocks per game after recording a season-high nine blocks against Missouri State.
- With his 10-point performance against MSU, Spencer Johnson has scored in double figures in three consecutive games for the first time in his BYU career.
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 147-83 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 70-27 (4th Season)
Nicholls Notes (0-2, 0-0 Southland)
- Nicholls makes the trip to Provo at 0-2 after suffering losses to No. 14 Arizona and Wyoming in the opening week of the season.
- The Colonels are led by fifth year head coach Austin Claunch, who is the second youngest head coach in NCAA Division I men’s basketball.
- Indiana State transfer Micah Thomas is the leading scorer for the Colonels at 21.0 points per game. The nation’s leading 3-point shooter scored 20 points in the season opener followed by 22 points against the Cowboys.
- The Colonels ranked 12th in the nation in steals per game (12.5/game) and 14th in turnovers forced per game (22.0/game).
Head Coach – Austin Claunch
- Alma Mater: Emory, 2012
- Career Record: 74-48 (5th Season)
- Series Record: 1-0
- Last Meeting: BYU won 111-96, 12/10/93
- H/A/N: 1-0/0-0/0-0
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann, Blaine Fowler, Spencer Linton
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced Friday that Michael Davie has been named the men’s basketball…