Men’s basketball looks to bounce back, hosts Missouri State on Wednesday
PROVO – BYU returns to the friendly confines of the Marriott Center on Wednesday, November 16, when the Cougars face Missouri State. Tip is scheduled for 7 p.m. MST.
Wednesdays’ contest will be broadcast on BYUtv. Jason Shepherd and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (1-1, 0-0 WCC)
- BYU suffered its first loss of the season on Friday evening with a 82-75 setback to No. 19 San Diego State at Viejas Arena in San Diego, Calif.
- Spencer Johnson scored a career-high 17 points on Friday as the junior guard is now averaging 14.0 points per game, shooting 61.1 percent from the field and 66.7 percent from 3-point range.
- Fousseyni Traore ranks first in the West Coast Conference and 38th nationally in offensive rebounds per game.
- BYU has won nine straight non-conference games at the Marriott Center dating back to the 2019-20 season.
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 146-83 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 69-27 (4th Season)
Missouri State Notes (1-0, 0-0 MVC)
- Missouri State opened the season with a 82-47 victory over Missouri S&T last week, shooting 55.2 percent from the field and 42.3 percent from behind the arc.
- The Bears are led by fifth year head coach Dana Ford, who has accumulated a record of 73-51 during his time in Springfield including a trip to the NIT last season.
- Chance Moore scored a game-high 18 points off the bench in the Bears season opener, going 6-of-10 from the field and 3-of-5 from three.
Head Coach – Dana Ford
- Alma Mater: Illinois State, 2006
- Career Record: 130-116 (9th Season)
- Record at Missouri State: 73-51 (5th Season)
- Series Record: 2-1
- Last Meeting: BYU won 74-68, 12/4/21
- H/A/N: 1-1/1-0/0-0
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann, Blaine Fowler, Spencer Linton
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Jason Shepherd, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced Friday that Michael Davie has been named the men’s basketball…