Men’s basketball hit the road, face No. 19 San Diego State on Friday evening
PROVO, Utah — BYU men's basketball will hit the road for the first time this season when the Cougars face No. 19 San Diego State on Friday, Nov. 11, at Steve Fisher Court at Viejas Arena. Tip is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. PST.
Friday’s contest will be broadcast on the Mountain West Network. Greg Wrubell and Mark Durrant will also be on the call on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio Sirius XM 143 and KSL 102.7/1160 AM.
BYU Notes (1-0, 0-0 WCC)
- BYU improved to 4-0 in season openers under head coach Mark Pope on Monday with a 60-56 victory over Idaho State at the Marriott Center.
- Fousseyni Traore became the first player since Yoeli Childs in 2018 to record a double-double in a season opener, finishing with 15 points and 11 rebounds against the Bengals.
- With their win on Monday, the Cougars improved to 20-1 under Pope when holding the opponent to under 60 points.
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 146-82 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 69-26 (4th Season)
No. 19 San Diego State Notes (1-0, 0-0 Mountain West)
- San Diego State is ranked 19th in the AP and 20th in the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll.
- Four Aztecs scored in double figures as the Aztecs opened the season with a 80-57 victory over Cal State Fullerton.
- The Aztecs shot 53.8 percent from the field on Monday, marking their 91st-straight win at home when shooting 50.0 percent or better.
Head Coach – Brian Dutcher
- Alma Mater: Minnesota, 1982
- Career Record: 120-40 (6th Season)
- Series Record: 50-26
- Last Meeting: BYU won 66-60, 11/12/21
- H/A/N: 30-4/19-18/2-1
- TV: Mountain West Network
- Streamed Audio: BYU Radio Sirius XM 143, KSL 102.7/1160 AM, BYURadio.org, BYU Radio app
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell, Mark Durrant
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com
The NABC announced the recipients of the 2022-23 NABC Team Academic Excellence Awards and NABC Honors Court on Thursday…