BYU men's hoops opens exhibition play against Colorado Christian Thursday
PROVO, Utah – With the regular season less than a week away, BYU men’s basketball will host Colorado Christian in an exhibition game on Thursday evening at the Marriott Center.
The game will be broadcast on BYUtv at 7 p.m. MST. It will also be broadcast live on the BYU Sports Network on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2 and KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM.
- BYU will play an exhibition game against a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (RMAC) for the fourth time since 2014-15.
- Te’Jon Lucas scored 15 points to lead BYU Blue to a 68-62 victory during Friday’s Blue-White Scrimmage. Fousseyni Traori recorded a double-double for BYU White with 20 points and 11 rebounds.
- Alex Barcello is back for the Cougars after leading the team in points (16.1), assists (4.3), steals (0.9), 3-point percentage (47.7%) and free-throw percentage (85.6%) during the 2020-21 season where he earned AP All-America Honorable Mention and West Coast Conference First Team accolades.
- Caleb Lohner is back for his sophomore season after being named to the WCC All-Freshman team last season. The Dallas, Texas native pulled down a team-high 193 rebounds last year becoming just the sixth freshman in program history to lead the team in rebounding.
- Lucas is one of two transfers to join the Cougar roster this season. The Milwaukee, Wisconsin native averaged 14.9 points and 5.8 assists per game last season at Milwaukee after playing two seasons at Illinois. Seneca Knight comes to Provo after playing at LSU (2020-21) and San Jose State (2018-20).
Head Coach – Mark Pope
- Alma Mater: Kentucky, 1996
- Division I Career Record: 121-71 (8th Season)
- Record at BYU: 44-15 (3rd Season)
Colorado Christian Notes
- Colorado Christian was picked to finish 14th in the RMAC Men’s Basketball Preseason Poll.
- CCU opens the season with an exhibition against a Division I opponent for the sixth time in the past seven seasons.
- Second Team All-RMAC performer Andy Stafford returns for the Cougars after ranking second in scoring (17.8). He also led the team in rebounding (7.3) after transferring from Southwest Minnesota State.
- Ross Williams also earned Second Team All-RMAC honors in 2020-21 after scoring a team-best 19.6 points per game. Made a RMAC-best 61 3-pointers.
Head Coach – Liam Simmons
- Alma Mater: San Diego Christian, 2007
- Division II Record: 4-14 (2nd Season)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (sideline)
- Radio: BYU Sports Network, BYU Radio Sirius XM 143/89.1 FM HD2, KSL 102.7 FM/1160 AM
- Streamed Audio: BYURadio.org, BYUCougars.com/LiveRadio and the BYU Radio, BYU Cougars and BYU Gameday apps
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live stats: BYUCougars.com