Cougars head west to take on Pepperdine
BYU basketball will head to the coast to take on West Coast Conference foe Pepperdine Thursday in Firestone Fieldhouse at 8 p.m. PST. Thursday's game will be televised live on ESPNU and broadcast live on the Cougar IMG Sports Network, 102.7 FM/1160 AM and BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143.
BYU leads the all-time series with Pepperdine 11-8 and won the first matchup against the Waves this season 99-70 in Provo. Eric Mika led the way for BYU with 22 points, 10 rebounds and two blocks while Yoeli Childs added 14 rebounds and Elijah Bryant came off the bench to score 15 on 5 of 8 shooting.
Freshman TJ Haws has scored in double figures in each of the last five games, including a career-best 29 points against Gonzaga (the sixth-most points scored by a BYU freshman) and 15 against Portland last week. Over the last five games, Haws is averaging 18.8 points per game.
Freshman Yoeli Childs has scored in double figures in three-straight games, the best streak of his young career. He is averaging 12.0 points, 8.7 rebounds and 1.7 blocks over the last three games.
BYU Cougars (17-8, 8-4 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 300-107 (12th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Pepperdine Waves (7-17, 3-9 WCC)
- Head Coach: Marty Wilson
- Alma Mater: Pepperdine, 1989
- Career Record: 80-98 (6th)
- Record at Pepperdine: Same
- TV: ESPNU
- TV Talent: Drew Fellios (play-by-play), Sean Harrington (analyst)
- Live Video: WatchESPN.com
- Radio: Cougar IMG Sports Network, 102.7 FM/1160 AM, BYU Radio, Sirius XM 143
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
Series Record: BYU leads 11-8
Last Meeting: BYU won 99-70, 1/19/17
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced Friday that Michael Davie has been named the men’s basketball…