Cougars set to host San Francisco on Thursday
Coming off a dominant home win against Pacific, BYU basketball will host San Francisco Thursday night in the Marriott Center in a West Coast Conference contest at 7 p.m. MST. Thursday's game will be televised live on BYUtv and broadcast live on the Cougar IMG Sports Network, 102.7 FM/1160 AM and BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143.
BYU hosts San Francisco for its second-straight home game. Last season, the Cougars swept the Dons in a pair of high scoring contests. BYU won 102-92 at home and 114-89 on the road. Nick Emery tied the BYU single game record with 10 3-point field goals and set the Cougar freshman single-game scoring record on the road with 37 points.
Elijah Bryant has returned from his knee injury with a bang, averaging 14.0 points on 47.4 percent shooting from the field, 50.0 percent shooting from 3 and 85.7 percent shooting from the free-throw line. Bryant had his best game as a Cougar against Pacific shooting 5 of 7 from the field, 2 of 3 from 3 and 5 of 6 from the free-throw line for 17 points.
BYU Cougars (12-5, 3-1 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 295-104 (12th)
- Record at BYU: Same
San Francisco Dons (11-6, 1-3 WCC)
- Head Coach: Kyle Smith
- Alma Mater: Hamilton, 1992
- Career Record: 112-88 (7th)
- Record at San Francisco: 11-6 (1st)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: Cougar IMG Sports Network, 102.7 FM/1160 AM, BYU Radio, Sirius XM 143
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
Series Record: BYU leads 15-6
Last Meeting: BYU won 114-89, 2/11/16
The NABC announced the recipients of the 2022-23 NABC Team Academic Excellence Awards and NABC Honors Court on Thursday…