Pacific in town for WCC contest
BYU men's basketball will be back in the Marriott Center Saturday to host Pacific in a West Coast Conference matchup at 7 p.m. MST in the Marriott Center. Saturday's game will be televised live on BYUtv and broadcast live on the Cougar IMG Sports Network, 102.7 FM/1160 AM and BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143.
After back-to-back road games, the Cougars return hom to host Pacific in a West Coast Conference matchup on Saturday. BYU is 8-1 at home this season and has won its last five in the Marriott Center. BYU has a record of 168-18 at home under Dave Rose for a winning percentage of 90.3.
After struggling from downtown through the first nine games of the season, BYU has improved its 3-point shooting over the last seven, shooting 43.4 percent and averaging 8.0 makes per game. The Cougars shot a season best 9 of 14 (64.3 percent) against Santa Clara.
Eric Mika broke out of a minor shooting slump at Saint Mary’s with one of his best games as a Cougar. He hit 12 of 17 from the field and 4 of 5 from the free-throw line for 28 points.
BYU Cougars (11-5, 2-1 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 294-104 (12th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Pacific Tigers (7-9, 1-2 WCC)
- Head Coach: Damon Stoudamire
- Alma Mater: Arizona, 2008
- Career Record: 7-9 (1st)
- Record at Pacific: Same
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Steve Cleveland (analyst), Spencer Linton (courtside)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: Cougar IMG Sports Network, 102.7 FM/1160 AM, BYU Radio, Sirius XM 143
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
Series Record: BYU leads 7-5
Last Meeting: Pacific won 77-72, 2/6/16
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced Friday that Michael Davie has been named the men’s basketball…