No. 74 BYU to host. No. 5 Pepperdine on Senior Day
PROVO, Utah — No. 74 BYU women's tennis will host No. 5 Pepperdine for its final home match of the season on Saturday, April. 15. Seniors Xenia de Luna and Helen Jiao will be recognized for their contributions to the women's tennis program on senior day.
- The Cougars are 10-7, with a loss against No. 16 Washington last week.
- BYU is ranked No. 74 in the nation.
- Head coach Holly Hasler is 55-44 at BYU in her fifth season. She is assisted by Gabby Curtis, who is in her second season.
- Sophomore Success: Jacque Dunyon is 10-3 and Bobo Huang is 12-4 in singles play.
- Freshmen Sensations: Emmie Moore is 11-3 and Tina Li is 13-4 in singles play.
- The Cougars are in their final season in the WCC.
- The Waves are 13-2 with a win over Gonzaga (7-0) last week.
- Head coach Per Nilsson is in his ninth season leading the women's tennis team.
- Stephenson is 183-39 all-time at Pepperdine.
- The Waves are ranked No. 5 in the nation.
- BYU-Pepperdine Series Record: Pepperdine leads 19-6
- Last Meeting: The Waves won 7-0 on Mar. 12, 2022, in Malibu
BYU women's tennis junior Jacque Dunyon is looking forward to competing in the Big 12 this upcoming season and is…