The Cougars enjoy some of the finest tennis facilities in the country. A one million dollar renovation of the outdoor courts in 1995 gave BYU 14 fully lighted courts with full backdrops. The courts are set in banks of two or four for easy viewing.
The indoor tennis facility was built in 1968 with four regulation-size tennis courts and additional space for folding bleachers. The indoor facility plays host to BYU home matches during winter months and inclement weather. The entire floor area is clear of any support columns or other obstructions. A ceiling height of 40 feet provides ample clearance for the trajectory of tennis balls during play.
The structure's heating, lighting and ventilation provide an excellent year-round environment for tennis instruction, free play and tournaments. The four indoor courts have one of the best lighting systems in the country and cushioned chair-back seats for comfortable viewing. The facility has been the training grounds for over 30 All-Americans over the years.
Tennis Courts Building
The indoor courts are directly south of the Smith Fieldhouse and east of South Field. The Smith Fieldhouse is on the corner of 150 E and Field House Drive on BYU's campus in Provo, UT 84604.
Outdoor Tennis Courts
Located directly south of South Field, the outdoor tennis courts are accessed via the main entrance on the complex's east side. A walkway runs between the Tennis Courts Building and South Field to the main entrance, continuing to the parking lot east of the Brick Oven restaurant.
Spectators can park in the large "Y" lot north of the Indoor Practice Facility and west of the Student Athlete Building. The lot is encompassed by Canyon Road, 150 E and 1060 N. If further overflow parking is needed, spectators can find legal street parking in the surrounding area.