No. 75 Cougars to host WCC foes Gonzaga and Portland
PROVO, Utah — No. 75 BYU women's tennis will host Gonzaga Friday, Mar. 22, and Portland Saturday, Mar. 23. for back-to-back home conference matches.
- The Cougars are 8-5, with a win against Cal Poly and losses against Fresno State and Harvard last week.
- BYU is ranked No. 75 in the nation.
- Head coach Holly Hasler is 53-42 at BYU in her fifth season. She is assisted by Gabby Curtis, who is in her second season.
- Sophomore Success: Jacque Dunyon is 8-2 and Bobo Huang is 9-3 in singles play.
- Freshmen Sensations: Emmie Moore is 9-1 and Tina Li is 11-2 in singles play.
- The Cougars are in their final season in the WCC.
- The Bulldogs are 9-6 with a loss against Louisiana (4-3) and a win against Tulane (4-2) last week.
- Head coach Natalie Pluskota-Hamberg is in her first season leading the women's tennis team.
- The Pilots are 8-3 with a loss against No. 50 Utah (4-3) last week.
- Head coach Filip Zivkovic is in his first season leading the women's tennis program.
- BYU-Gonzaga Series Record: BYU leads 7-5
- Last Meeting: The Cougars won 4-0 on Mar. 25, 2022, in Spokane
- BYU-Portland Series Record: BYU leads 10-2
- Last Meeting: The Pilots won 4-3 on Mar. 26, 2022, in Portland
BYU women's tennis head coach Holly Hasler announced the signing of transfer Kendall Kovick on Thursday.