No. 3 BYU returns home for matches against UC San Diego
PROVO, Utah – No. 3 BYU men’s volleyball returns home this week for matches against UC San Diego.
Last Time Out
The Cougars (10-2, 5-1 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation) swept USC in their only match last week. Tim Dobbert led BYU with 11 kills on a .500 clip while adding six digs and four blocks.
UC San Diego
- The Cougars face off against the Tritons (5-7, 2-6 MPSF) Friday, Feb. 17, at 7 p.m. MST and Saturday, Feb. 18, at 6 p.m. MST.
- UC San Diego had a five-match win streak, including an upset win vs. No. 13 CSUN, before falling last week to No. 5 Hawai’i and No. 2 Long Beach State.
- The Tritons picked up their first conference wins since 2014 with wins against USC and CSUN.
- BYU leads the overall series history with a perfect 40-0 record and is 20-0 at home.
- The Cougars won both matches last year on the road with sweeps.
Additional Match Info
Friday’s match will count toward league play while Saturday’s will be considered a nonconference match.
Fans will be able to get into Saturday’s match for free with a Pass of All Passes.
Both matches will be televised on BYUtv and simulcast on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143. Links to video/audio and live stats can be found on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.
BYU men's volleyball freshman outside hitter Trent Moser has been added to the official travel roster for the 2023 FIVB…