No. 4 Cougars to host McKendree and Concordia Irvine
PROVO, Utah – No. 4 BYU men’s volleyball returns home to the Smith Fieldhouse this week, facing McKendree in the home opener before hosting Concordia Irvine and McKendree for a second match.
Last Time Out
The Cougars split a pair of road matches last week, first sweeping No. 6 Lewis before falling in four sets to No. 11 Loyola-Chicago. Ben Patch led the team, averaging 6.00 kills per set and 1.57 digs per set.
- BYU faces off against McKendree Thursday, Jan. 12, at 7 p.m. MST and then again on Saturday, Jan. 14, at 7 p.m.
- The Cougars and Bearcats have never met before.
- McKendree rolls into town with an 0-4 record, falling to ranked MPSF opponents Pepperdine, UC Santa Barbara, Long Beach State and Stanford.
- The Bearcats finished the 2016 season with an 11-14, 5-11 MIVA record, falling in the MIVA Tournament semifinals match.
- BYU will compete against Concordia Irvine Friday, Jan. 13, at 7 p.m. MST.
- This will be the first meeting between the Cougars and Eagles.
- Concorida Irvine has a 4-3 record to date, having won its last four matches against McMaster, St. Francis, Lindenwood and Cal Baptist.
- The Eagles ended the 2017 campaign with a 13-7 independent record.
Additional Match Info
McKendree and Concordia Irvine will also face off against each other Friday, Jan. 13, at noon MST. Admission to the match is free.
BYU’s matches on Thursday and Friday will both be streamed live on TheW.tv. Saturday’s match against McKendree will be broadcast live on BYUtv and simulcast on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143. Links to live stats for all matches can be found on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.
BYU men's volleyball freshman outside hitter Trent Moser has been added to the official travel roster for the 2023 FIVB…