No. 1 BYU travels to San Diego for key WCC matchup
PROVO, Utah – No. 1 BYU women’s volleyball travels to conference rival San Diego this week for a key West Coast Conference matchup.
The Cougars swept Pepperdine, Gonzaga and Portland to remain the only undefeated team in league play as well as one of only two undefeated teams in the nation. Roni Jones-Perry was named the WCC Player of the Week for her efforts in the three wins.
- BYU faces San Diego at Jenny Craig Pavilion Friday, Oct. 5, at 7 p.m. PDT.
- The teams are 8-8 all-time in the series history.
- In 2017, each team won on the other squad’s home court in four sets.
- The Cougars are just 3-6 when facing the Toreros on the road.
- San Diego is off to a 7-8, 4-1 WCC start in 2018 after facing a difficult pre-conference schedule. The Toreros had won four-straight matches following a five-set loss to Saint Mary’s to start league play, but lost to San Diego State earlier this week to end the streak.
The match will be streamed live on TheW.tv. Live stats will also be available on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
BYU women’s volleyball season tickets for the upcoming 2023 campaign will go on sale beginning Wednesday, July 26.