Cougars set to host Utah Valley in the UCCU Crosstown Clash
PROVO, Utah – No. 8 BYU women’s volleyball is set to begin the 2018 season hosting Utah Valley in the UCCU Crosstown Clash in an exhibition match Saturday.
The match, which begins at 1 p.m. MDT, has free admission for the public. Following the match, a 12-and-under kid’s clinic will be hosted by the team, also free of charge.
- BYU holds a perfect 14-0 all-time record against Utah Valley.
- The Cougars are 8-0 against the Wolverines when playing at the Smith Fieldhouse.
- The two teams met last season in Orem with BYU winning in four sets.
- Utah Valley went 15-16 overall and 9-5 in WAC play in 2017, earning a share of third place in the regular-season standings.
- The Wolverines were picked to finish fourth in the 2018 WAC Preseason Poll.
The match will be televised live on BYUtv. Live stats will also be available.
BYU looks to build off last year’s sixth-consecutive trip to the regional semifinals of the NCAA tournament. The Cougars went 30-3 overall and 17-1 in West Coast Conference play, winning a fourth-straight league title.
The Cougars return five starters and their libero from last year’s team.
BYU travels to Duke from Aug. 24-25 for the first official matches of the season, beginning Friday, Aug. 24, at 7:30 p.m. EDT.
Gneiting named to USA Volleyball Spring Training roster
Former BYU women's volleyball middle blocker Heather Gneiting was named to the 2023 USA Women's Volleyball Spring…
Eight Cougars to compete at USA Volleyball tryout
Eight members of the BYU women's volleyball team will participate in the Women's National Team Open Program at the…