No. 9 BYU returns home for matches against Utah, CSUN and UNLV
PROVO, Utah – No. 9 BYU women’s volleyball returns home to the Smith Fieldhouse this week for matches against rival Utah, CSUN and UNLV.
Last Time Out
The Cougars (9-0) won the Idaho State Invitational over the weekend, picking up sweeps against Boise State, Missouri and Idaho State. Amy Boswell was named the tournament MVP, while Veronica Jones-Perry and McKenna Miller were also added to the all-tournament team.
- BYU plays against Utah (7-2) Thursday, Sept. 15, at 7 p.m. MDT.
- The Cougars lead the overall series history 69-29 and have won the past five-consecutive meetings.
- The Utes won the North Marriott Harbour Challenge over the weekend, picking up wins against Texas State, CSU Bakersfield and Portland.
- Utah finished just 10-21, 4-16 (10th) Pac-12 in 2015.
- BYU will next face off against CSUN (3-6) Friday, Sept. 16, beginning at 7 p.m. MDT.
- The Cougars hold a perfect 9-0 record all-time against the Matadors, picking up a four-set win in the last meeting in 2011.
- CSUN has lost its last four matches, including against Eastern Washington, Wyoming and Samford last weekend.
- The Matadors finished with an 8-20, 7-9 (6th) Big West record in 2015.
- BYU will conclude the week by playing UNLV (9-0) Saturday, Sept. 17, at 5 p.m. MDT.
- The Cougars lead the overall series 27-6 against the former Mountain West Conference foe and picked up a five-set win in the last meeting in 2010.
- The Rebels won the Texas A&M-CC Tournament over the weekend, winning against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi and twice against UT Arlington to remain perfect on the year.
- UNLV is off to its best start in school history and is receiving votes in the AVCA Coaches' Poll.
- The Rebels finished 16-14, 9-9 (t-5th) MWC in 2015.
Additional Match Info
Thursday’s match against Utah will be a royal match. Fans are encouraged to wear royal blue to the match. Friday’s match against CSUN is team night – full teams plus coaches will be admitted for $20. Additionally, there will be $1 drinks and popcorn. Saturday’s UNLV match is the alumni match. Former players are encouraged to RSVP with assistant coach Jonny Neeley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday and Friday’s matches will be broadcast live on BYUtv and simulcast on BYU Radio. Saturday’s match will be streamed live on TheW.tv. Links to live stats and video/audio feeds can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
BYU women’s volleyball season tickets for the upcoming 2023 campaign will go on sale beginning Wednesday, July 26.