No. 15 Cougars to face Pacific, Saint Mary's on the road
PROVO, Utah – No. 15 BYU women’s volleyball hits the road again this week for matches at Pacific and Saint Mary’s.
The Cougars (13-2, 3-1 West Coast Conference) beat Loyola Marymount at home and swept San Diego on the road last week to take a lead in the league standings.
- BYU heads to Stockton to face off against Pacific (12-4, 3-2 WCC) Thursday, Oct. 8, at 8 p.m. PDT.
- The Cougars hold a slight edge in the overall series, leading 8-7. BYU won the last matchup 3-0 at home a season ago.
- The Tigers fell at Pepperdine in five sets in their last outing, but beat Loyola Marymount and San Francisco last week.
- Pacific returns three starters and its libero to last year’s squad that took a second-place conference finish (24-7, 13-5 WCC).
- The Cougars next head to Saint Mary’s to face the Gaels (6-9, 1-4 WCC) Saturday, Oct. 10, at 1 p.m. PDT.
- The overall series between the two schools is tied at an even seven matches apiece. BYU, however, won both matches last year, 3-1 at Saint Mary’s and 3-0 at home.
- The Gaels got their first conference win last week, beating Pepperdine in four sets – but fell to both Santa Clara and Loyola Marymount.
- Saint Mary’s returns just five letterwinners, including two starters, from last year’s 9-19, 5-13 (T-8th) team. 10 out of 11 of the Gaels’ rostered players are underclassmen this season.
Thursday’s match against Pacific will be broadcast live on ESPNU. Saturday’s match against Saint Mary’s will be streamed live online. Links to stats and video feeds can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
BYU women’s volleyball season tickets for the upcoming 2023 campaign will go on sale beginning Wednesday, July 26.