No. 15 BYU at home vs. LMU, at San Diego this week
PROVO, Utah – No. 15 BYU women’s volleyball returns home this week for a match against Loyola Marymount before traveling to face rival San Diego on Friday.
- The Cougars (11-2, 1-1 West Coast Conference) face the Lions Tuesday, Sept. 29, at 7 p.m. MDT at home in the Smith Fieldhouse.
- BYU has never lost to Loyola Marymount, holding a perfect 10-0 record in the overall series. The Cougars won 3-0 at home and 3-1 on the road a season ago.
- The Lions are 9-4, 0-1 on the season after falling in five sets on the road at Pepperdine last week.
- Loyola Marymount returns four starters and its libero to last year’s squad that finished 23-8, 11-7 (5th) and participated in the 2014 NCAA Tournament.
- The Cougars finish out the week traveling to face off against San Diego Friday, Oct. 2, at 7:30 p.m. PDT.
- The Toreros lead the overall series 6-4 with each team winning on its home court in each of the previous three seasons. BYU won the last matchup 3-1.
- San Diego is 8-5, 2-0 so far this season after beating both Santa Clara and San Francisco last week.
- The Toreros return just three starters from last year’s 19-12, 12-6 (T-3rd) team that participated in the NCAA tournament.
Tuesday’s match will be broadcast live on ESPNU. Friday’s match will be streamed on TheW.tv. Links to live stats and video feeds for both matches can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
Hot dogs and drinks will be sold at Tuesday’s match for $1 apiece. Students will get free hot dogs by showing their ROC pass at the concession stand (limit one per student).
BYU women’s volleyball season tickets for the upcoming 2023 campaign will go on sale beginning Wednesday, July 26.