No. 9 Cougars to face in-state foes Utah and Utah Valley
PROVO, Utah – After beating Idaho State and Oregon State twice last week, No. 9 BYU women’s volleyball hits the road one last time before conference play to face Utah and Utah Valley.
- The Cougars (8-1) first face Utah Thursday, Sept. 17, at 7:30 p.m. MDT at the Huntsman Center as part of the Deseret First Duel.
- BYU holds a 68-29 overall record against the Utes, including winning each of the previous four contests.
- Utah is 6-4 so far this season and went 1-2 over the weekend, picking up a five-set win against Seton Hall.
- The Utes were picked to finish 10th in the Pac-12 this year following a 20-13, 9-11 (T-7) finish a year ago. Utah advanced to the second round of the NCAA tournament in 2014 before falling to Nebraska.
- The Cougars next travel to Orem to face Utah Valley at the PE Building Saturday, Sept. 19, at 7 p.m. MDT.
- BYU has a perfect 12-0 record against the Wolverines, including last year’s 3-0 victory at home.
- Utah Valley is 4-6 this year and went 2-1 over the weekend with wins against Ball State and Morehead State.
- The Wolverines were picked to finish fifth in the WAC after going 14-18, 8-5 (T-4) in 2014.
Thursday’s match at Utah will be broadcast live on Pac-12 Network while Saturday’s match will be streamed on the WAC Digital Network. Links to live stats for both matches can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
BYU women’s volleyball season tickets for the upcoming 2023 campaign will go on sale beginning Wednesday, July 26.