No. 9 BYU hosts Idaho State and Oregon State
PROVO, Utah – Coming off of three convincing sweeps to take the Marcia E. Hamilton Classic over the weekend, No. 9 BYU women’s volleyball looks to continue its success at home by hosting Idaho State and Oregon State.
- The Bengals are the Cougars’ first home opponent of the 2015 season. The match will take place Wednesday, Sept. 9, at 7 p.m. MDT.
- BYU is 25-1 all-time against Idaho State, having taken the previous 13 matchups – including last season’s 3-0 victory in Pocatello.
- The Bengals are 5-2 on the young season and have won their past five-straight matches.
- Idaho State has a new head coach this year in Rick Reynolds.
- The Bengals were picked to finish first in the Big Sky this season after going 23-9, 15-1 (1st) a year ago.
- The Cougars end the week by playing the Beavers in a pair of matches, first on Friday at 7 p.m. MDT and then again on Saturday at 6 p.m. MDT.
- BYU and Oregon State have only played each other one other time in school history, back in 1982 as the Cougars came out on top 2-0.
- The Beavers are just 2-4 to begin the year, picking up wins against Idaho and San Diego State. Oregon State fell previously this year to conference foes San Diego and Pacific.
- The Beavers return just three starters from last year’s team that advanced to the regional semifinals of the NCAA tournament for the first time in school history.
- Oregon State was picked to finish ninth this year in the Pac-12.
Wednesday and Friday’s matches will be broadcast live on BYUtv. There will be live stats for each of the three matches. Links to live stats and video feeds can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
BYU women’s volleyball season tickets for the upcoming 2023 campaign will go on sale beginning Wednesday, July 26.