No. 12 Cougars return home against LMU and Pepperdine
PROVO, Utah – No. 12 BYU women’s volleyball returns home this week for a pair of matches against Loyola Marymount and Pepperdine.
The Cougars (16-3, 7-1 West Coast Conference) played just one match last week, suffering a five-set loss on the road to league rival San Diego.
- BYU will first face off against Loyola Marymount (17-3, 5-3 WCC) Thursday at 7 p.m. MDT at the Smith Fieldhouse.
- The Cougars won both matchups a year ago in conference play – first a five-set thriller on the road and then a closely contested sweep at home.
- The Lions have never beaten BYU in the teams’ eight matchups.
- Loyola Marymount returns just three starters to last year’s squad that finished 14-14, 8-10 WCC.
- The Cougars will finish out the week with a match at home against Pepperdine (7-13, 2-6 WCC) Saturday at 1 p.m. MDT.
- BYU swept the Waves earlier this season on the road.
- The teams have played each other 25 times before this week’s match – with the Cougars holding a 17-8 edge in the overall series.
- Pepperdine went 15-11, 9-9 WCC in 2013 and returns four starters and its libero to this year’s team.
Thursday’s match against Loyola Marymount will be broadcast live on TheW.tv. Saturday’s match against Pepperdine will be broadcast nationally on BYUtv. Links to live stats and video feeds can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
BYU women’s volleyball season tickets for the upcoming 2023 campaign will go on sale beginning Wednesday, July 26.