No. 11 Cougars begin conference play at home
PROVO, Utah – No. 11 BYU women’s volleyball stays at the Smith Fieldhouse this week to begin West Coast Conference play against Gonzaga and Portland.
The Cougars (9-2) swept Idaho State on the road last week and handed in-state foe Utah its first loss of the season at the Smith Fieldhouse.
- BYU will first face off against Gonzaga Thursday at 7 p.m. MDT.
- The Cougars lead the overall series 9-1 with their only loss coming in 2011.
- The Bulldogs return five starters to last year’s squad that went 11-16 (7-11, T-7th WCC).
- Gonzaga is off to its best start in program history this year at 9-2.
- BYU will next match up against Portland (5-6) Saturday at 1 p.m.
- The Cougars have never lost against the Pilots, keeping a perfect 6-0 record.
- Portland returns four starters and its libero from a team that went winless a year ago.
Both matches will be broadcast live on BYUtv and BYU Radio. Links to live stats and video feeds can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
BYU women’s volleyball seniors Whitney Bower and Erin Livingston were named to the Preseason All-Big 12 Team, the…