Cougars head to Stockton to face Pacific Tigers
PROVO, Utah — The Cougars get set for their matchup against the Pacific Tigers at Knoles Field on Saturday evening.
Saturday’s matchup has been scheduled for 7 p.m. PDT. The game will be carried live on BYURadio.org, the BYU Radio app and BYU Radio 107.9 FM. The game will also be streamed on the WCC Network.
LAST TIME ON THE FIELD. BYU last competed on South Field against the San Francisco Dons on Wednesday, Oct. 5., and won 6-0. Freshman Allie Fryer started the scoring for the Cougars in the 31st minute, followed by a Brecken Mozingo goal in the 36th to give BYU the 2-0 lead going into half. In the last 45 minutes on the pitch, Ellie Maughan, Jamie Shepherd, Olivia Wade and Erin Bailey all notched goals on the night. Bailey’s goal marked her first collegiate goal, while Maughan’s was her first this season.
BYU NOTES (5-2-4, 1-0-1)
- BYU is currently ranked No. 29 in the NCAA RPI under head coach Jennifer Rockwood
- At the start of the conference schedule, BYU is now 5-2-4 on the season
- Mozingo leads the Cougars in goals (7), assists (7) and points (21)
- BYU has won nine-straight games against the Pacific Tigers
- BYU has not lost to Pacific since 1997
- BYU had its most shots (30) and most shots on goal (15) this season in its game against San Francisco
Head Coach - Jennifer Rockwood
- Record at BYU: 429-125-51
- 28th season as head coach of BYU
- Seventh in NCAA Division I in active career winning percentage (.754)
THE TIGERS (5-1-7, 0-1-1)
- Pacific is currently ranked No. 7 in the West Coast Conference (WCC)
- The Tigers last played the Saint Mary’s Gaels on Wednesday, Oct. 5 and tied 0-0
- Jenae Packard leads the Tigers in points this season (12), with three goals and six assists
- Goalkeeper Brenna Crump leads the WCC in saves with 58
Co-Head Coaches - Danesha Adams & J.J. Wozniak
- Record as Co-Head Coaches at Pacific: 15-7-10
- 2nd season as co-head coaches of Pacific
- After leading the Tigers to their best record in 12 years in the 2021 season, Adams and Wozniak were named WCC Coaches of the Year.
COUGARS VS TIGERS. The Cougars and the Tigers have played 10 times previously with BYU leading the series 9-1. The last time the two teams met was Oct. 16, 2021 when the Cougars beat the Tigers 6-1 on South Field. Former BYU forward Cameron Tucker notched a brace on the night, while former midfielder Mikayla Colohan and current forward Brecken Mozingo tallied two assists a piece.
- Saturday, Oct. 8, at 7 p.m. PDT on Knoles Field
- Radio: BYURadio.org/BYU Radio App/BYU Radio 107.9 FM
- Radio play-by-play: Jason Shepherd
BYU women’s soccer head coach Jennifer Rockwood has announced the promotion of Brent Anderson to associate head coach.