No. 13 BYU heads up to Logan to face the Utah State Aggies
PROVO, Utah — After five-straight home games, the Cougars hit the road to play the Aggies on Thursday afternoon.
Due to weather conditions, Thursday’s matchup has been moved from 5 p.m. to 3 p.m. MDT. The game will be carried live on BYURadio.org/BYU Radio app/BYU Radio 107.9 FM.
LAST TIME ON THE FIELD. BYU last played cross-town rival Utah Valley at South Field Saturday night. Despite being the first to score with a shot outside the 18 by Brecken Mozingo in the fifth minute of the game, the Cougars struggled to get past UVU’s defensive line. The Wolverines put on the pressure up top to take the lead going into the half. Unable to answer back in the last 45 minutes of the match, BYU lost to UVU 4-2.
BYU NOTES (3-2-2, 0-0-0)
- BYU is currently ranked No. 13 nationally under head coach Jennifer Rockwood
- After five-straight home games, BYU is now 3-2-2 on the season
- Mozingo leads the Cougars in goals (5)
- Mozingo now leads the team in points (14)
- Mozingo leads the team in assists (4)
- Mozingo has now scored in four consecutive games
- Freshman goalkeeper Taygan Sill made her first collegiate appearance against UVU and played the entire second half of the match
Head Coach - Jennifer Rockwood
- Record at BYU: 427-125-49
- 28th season as head coach of BYU
- Seventh in NCAA Division I in active career winning percentage (.754)
THE AGGIES (2-2-3, 0-0-0)
- Utah State is currently ranked No. 6 in the Mountain West Conference (MWC)
- The Wolverines are closing out their non-conference play with games against BYU and Northern Colorado this weekend
- Utah State last played Utah on Sunday, Sept. 11 and lost 1-0 to the Utes
- London Miller and Sammie Murdock lead their team in points with five a piece
Head Coach - Manny Martins
- Record at UVU: 15-8-6
- 2nd season as head coach of Utah State
- In his first season at Utah State, Martins led the Aggies to their most victories during the Mountain West era as Utah State opened the 2021 season with a 7-1-1 mark in non-conference play, the best record heading into conference play in school history.
COUGARS VS AGGIES. The Cougars and Aggies have played 14 times previously with BYU leading the series 13-1. The last time the two teams met was Sept. 18, 2021 when the Aggies beat the Cougars 2-1 on South Field for the first time in school history. This marked the only home loss for BYU in the 2021 season.
- Thursday, Sept. 15, at 3 p.m. MDT on the Chuck and Gloria Bell Soccer Field
- Radio: BYURadio.org/BYU Radio App/BYU Radio 107.9 FM
- Radio play-by-play: Greg Wrubell
BYU women’s soccer head coach Jennifer Rockwood has announced the promotion of Brent Anderson to associate head coach.