No. 13 BYU gears up to play UVU in the first of a three-game series against in-state rivals
PROVO, Utah — The Cougars prepare to host the Wolverines Saturday evening on South Field.
Saturday’s matchup is scheduled for 6 p.m. MDT. The game will be carried live on BYURadio.org/BYU Radio app/BYU Radio 107.9 FM. The game will also be streamed on the BYUtv App.
LAST TIME ON THE FIELD. BYU last played Arkansas on South Field Thursday night. The Razorbacks started strong offensively, notching the first goal of the game, but BYU quickly answered back. The goals continued to go back and forth until the Cougars scored a third goal, giving them the lead 3-2 going into the second half. Despite outshooting Arkansas 19-9, the Cougars could not hold off the Razorback offense and the game ended in a 3-3 draw.
BYU NOTES (3-1-2, 0-0-0)
- BYU is currently ranked No. 13 nationally and No. 3 in the West Coast Conference under head coach Jennifer Rockwood
- After four-straight home games, BYU is now 3-1-2 on the season
- Mozingo leads the Cougars in goals (4)
- Mozingo now leads the team in points (12)
- Mozingo leads the team in assists (4)
- Mozingo has now scored in three consecutive games
- Freshman Sierra Pennock has scored in back-to-back games
- Goalkeeper Savanna Mason is the only BYU player to have played all 90 minutes in the first six games of the season
Head Coach - Jennifer Rockwood
- Record at BYU: 427-124-49
- 28th season as head coach of BYU
- Seventh in NCAA Division I in active career winning percentage (.754)
THE WOLVERINES (3-1-2, 0-0-0)
- UVU is currently ranked No. 4 in the Western Athletic Conference (WAC)
- The Wolverines have won three of their last five home games
- UVU last played No. 18 Alabama on Tuesday afternoon for the school’s Elementary School Game at Clyde Field, losing 1-4
- Heather Stainbrook and Faith Webber lead their team in points with eight a piece
- Stainbrook has tallied the most goals on the season for the Wolverines with three
Head Coach - Chris Lemay
- Record at UVU: 55-48-12
- 6th season as head coach of UVU
- Lemay has led the Wolverines to two NCAA Tournament appearances and an NCAA Tournament win
COUGARS VS WOLVERINES. The Cougars and Wolverines have played six times previously in regular season games with BYU leading the series 6-0. The last time the two teams met for a regular season game was Sept. 16, 2019 when the Cougars beat the Wolverines 1-0 on Clyde Field.
- Saturday, Sept. 10, at 6 p.m. MDT on South Field
- Radio: BYURadio.org/BYU Radio App/BYU Radio 107.9 FM
- Radio play-by-play: Jason Shepherd
- BYUtv App
- TV Talent: Jarom Jordan, Carla Swensen
BYU women’s soccer head coach Jennifer Rockwood has announced the promotion of Brent Anderson to associate head coach.