BYU on the road at Boise State this week
PROVO, Utah – BYU women's basketball is back on the road for a game at Boise State on Thursday, Dec. 1 at 6:30 p.m. MT. The game will be streamed on the Mountain West Network.
Boise State (3-4) is coming off back-to-back losses in the Nugget Classic in Reno, Nevada including a 55-54 overtime loss to Milwaukee on Sunday. BYU and Boise State have met 20 times previously, with the Cougars winning 84-40 last year in Provo.
BYU (2-5) at Boise State (3-4)
Thursday, Dec. 1
Stream: MW Network
Live Stats vs. Boise State
On Twitter: @BYUwbb
BYU Game Notes
Boise State Game Notes
- BOISE STATE (DEC. 1). BYU and Boise State are meeting for the 21st time in the history of the series. The Cougars hold a 12-8 advantage over the Broncos. BYU won the last meeting with an 84-40 victory at the Marriott Center last season.In the last visit to Boise, the Broncos came away with a 66-55 win in 2019. The Broncos are coached by Gordy Presnell, in his 17th year at Boise State.
- LAST GAME. The Cougars are coming off of a 61-56 loss to Ball State in Provo. Lauren Gustin posted her seventh double-double in a row to start the year with 18 points and 12 rebounds. Kaylee Smiler added 17 points.
- NEW ERA. BYU has a new head coach in Amber Whiting for the first time in 21 seasons after the retirement of Jeff Judkins. Judkins, the winningest coach in school history (455 wins) paved the way for first-time head coach Amber Whiting, a Cougar alum to take the rains in 2022-23. BYU is will also need to replace the WCC Player of the Year (Shaylee Gonzales), another All-WCC First Team selection (Paisley Harding) and an All-WCC Honorable Mention (Tegan Graham). The Cougars are also replacing point guard Maria Albiero who was tied with Paisley Harding for the most played games in school history.
- DOUBLE-DOUBLE MACHINE. Forward Lauren Gustin continues to be a force down low, No. 2 nationally in double-doubles in the country with 7, one in every game to start the year. She is averaging 15.3 points per game and 13.6 rebounds. She is No. 4 nationally in rebounds per game. The junior from Salem, Utah, is No. 4 in total rebounds with 95. Gustin posted a season-high 20 rebounds against No. 16 Oklahoma.
- SPREADING IT AROUND. BYU has had seven different players hit double figures in a single game. Lauren Gustin has done it in every game (7) while Nani Falatea has five games. Kaylee Smiler has hit at least 10 four times, Rose Bubakar 3 times and Amanda Barcello, Arielle Mackey-Williams and Emma Calvert have all done it in one game apiece.
Cougar comeback comes up short in WNIT loss to Rice
BYU women’s basketball ended its 2023 season Friday evening with a 71-67 loss to the Rice Owls in the WNIT Postseason…
Cougars take on Rice in WNIT round of 64
BYU women's basketball will open its WNIT Postseason Tournament play as the Cougars take on the Rice Owls in the Round…