No. 2 BYU competes in final regular-season home matches
PROVO, Utah – No. 2 BYU men’s volleyball will compete in its final two regular-season home matches this week against No. 14 Concordia Irvine and No. 13 Grand Canyon.
Coming off of a bye week, the Cougars (18-4, 8-0 MPSF) still hold a 1.5-match lead in the conference standings with four league matches left on the schedule.
No. 14 Concordia Irvine
- BYU faces the Eagles (12-13, 3-6 MPSF) Thursday, March 29, at 7 p.m. MDT at the Smith Fieldhouse.
- The Cougars lead the overall series history 2-0.
- BYU swept Concordia Irvine earlier this season on the road. The Cougars also swept the match last season.
- The Eagles fell at Grand Canyon last week before picking up a pair of four-set wins against Benedictine and Ottawa.
No. 13 Grand Canyon
- The Cougars will conclude the week at home facing the Lopes (16-8, 3-6 MPSF) Saturday, March 31, at 8 p.m. MDT.
- BYU won the only previous matchup between the schools earlier this season on the road in three sets.
- Grand Canyon won its only match of the week last week against Concordia Irvine.
- The Lopes will play at Stanford on Thursday prior to the match against the Cougars.
Both of this week’s matches will be televised nationally on BYUtv. A live stream and live stats for each match can be found on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.
Sophomore middle blocker Teon Taylor received College Sports Communications (CSC) Academic All-District honors, the…