No. 5 BYU to face No. 8 Pepperdine and No. 3 UCLA
PROVO, Utah – No. 5 BYU men’s volleyball will compete at home against No. 8 Pepperdine and No. 3 UCLA this week in a battle of the league’s top three teams.
The Cougars (12-4, 5-0 MPSF) currently hold a 1.5-match advantage in the conference standings against the Waves (9-3, 3-1 MPSF) and the Bruins (14-4, 3-1 MPSF).
No. 8 Pepperdine
- BYU faces Pepperdine Thursday, Mar. 1, at 7 p.m. MST, at the Smith Fieldhouse.
- The Waves lead the overall series history 32-29.
- The Cougars have won the past two meetings and are 19-9 when facing Pepperdine at home.
- The Waves have won their last five-straight matches – including sweeping the then-No. 2 Bruins in their last match.
No. 3 UCLA
- BYU will finish off the week playing UCLA Saturday, Mar. 3, at 7 p.m. MST.
- The Cougars hold a 33-31 advantage in the series history against the Bruins.
- BYU has won seven-straight meetings against UCLA and are 21-10 when playing the Bruins at home.
- UCLA has dropped its last three-consecutive matches (twice to No. 1 Long Beach State and once to Pepperdine) but won seven-straight matches before that.
Both matches this week will be streamed live by TheW.tv. Live stats will also be available on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.
Sophomore middle blocker Teon Taylor received College Sports Communications (CSC) Academic All-District honors, the…