No. 7 BYU begins MPSF play this week
PROVO, Utah – Following a nonconference match at UC San Diego on Thursday, No. 7 BYU men’s volleyball will begin Mountain Pacific Sports Federation competition Saturday at No. 14 USC.
(RV) UC San Diego
- The Cougars (6-4) will face the Tritons (7-3) Thursday, Feb. 8, at 6 p.m. PST, at the RIMAC Arena.
- BYU is a perfect 42-0 all-time against UC San Diego.
- The Cougars swept both matches against the Tritons at home last year.
- UC San Diego split its matches last week at home, sweeping Princeton before falling to Stanford in four sets.
No. 14 USC
- BYU will finish out the week starting league play at No. 14 USC (3-7) Saturday, Feb. 19, at 7 p.m. PST, at the Galen Center.
- The Cougars lead the overall series history 37-13 with the Trojans.
- BYU won the only matchup of the season last year and have won three-straight against USC.
- The Trojans won their first three matches of the season but have dropped their last seven-consecutive matches – all against ranked squads.
Thursday’s match will be streamed live online on UCSD Tritons TV. There will be a radio broadcast available of Saturday’s match on the USC Trojans Radio Network. Live stats will also be available for both matches on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.
Sophomore middle blocker Teon Taylor received College Sports Communications (CSC) Academic All-District honors, the…